Skip to content

Another czech basenji

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji Mom

    Member Introductions
    7
    7 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    A
    Hi Mom, All of your babies are fantastic
  • Basenji mix?

    Member Introductions
    7
    1 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    ZandeZ
    @allyn said in Basenji mix?: Meanwhile I know that like a Basenji, he should never be off leash, and we always need to make sure the gate is securely shut, I have had Basenjis for a long, long time now. I have always let them run off lead in the woods away from traffic. They have all been taught - and I have had up to eight at a time although am now down to one, soon to be two (!) - to return to me if I whistle. Basenjis CAN be taught to run free and to obey commands. Yes, gates should be kept shut, tightly, at all times. But away from traffic, they can be trained to behave and allowed to run free. I have bought a puppy sling for my new boy so I can take him to the woods with Hoover, and let him meet lots of people and thoroughly socialise until he has had his shots. I don't intend to deprive Hoover of her freedom just because of the puppy. He will learn to walk on a leash but mostly he'll be the hunter nature intended him to be.
  • Another rescue

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    MaxBooBooBearM
    Congratulations on both your kids! They are beautiful. The only problem I've encountered with rescues (I've had 2 B rescues and a german shepherd mix) is that I tend to me too permissive with them because every time I look in their little eyes–I think about the time they had to spend in a shelter. The two Bs I have now were actually quite obedient when I adopted them--and I'm really trying hard to keep them that way :)
  • Bahamas Basenji

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    Remember however for a full thyroid panel usually isn't done at places that do bloodwork… and also what a Vet would call "low normal" for most dogs, for a Basenji it is Too Low...
  • Between Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    nala121498N
    I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Basenjis. Losing a pet is so difficult. I hope this site helps you through the transition. Welcome.
  • My first basenji

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    SunnyS
    i found the only thing that gets Sandies attention now days is a rolled news paper… i dont hit her with it, just the site of it and me slapping it against my legg, usually makes her stop what ever she is doing...usually its nothing major... chasing the cats...or if she just wont stop beating me up after we play...