• Noooo look at Blade or Madahiro Re they look gorgeous then how they move or in Madahiro Re´s case moved but in the photoes they sure were handsome:D

• @tanza:

My favorite is Tri with very little white…:)

NOT KNOCKING THE TRIS….just explaining my own preference!!!

While I still think they are stunning dogs, the tri is my least favorite color.

The reason I don't care for the tri is that it has too much of a dobie look --Oddly enough, my favorite dog has always been the black doberman.

I like a more, hmmm, unique look as opposed to one that resembles anything else. So my favorite B color is r/w, followed by brindle, followed by b/w, and then tri.
    But they are all beautiful.

• True all Bs are beautiful… because they are bs. But its ok to have a preference.
    I'm a BW girl... with no white on face, and splashy white on the neck. Those lovely dark liver Brindles follows BW..esp since I have a little brindle girl. 🙂 Tris can be rockin. Reds are last, a little too "common" of a color for me.

• what about this one? 😉

• I love all b colors….
    The tri above is lovely to me.

• @ibi_n_sane:

what about this one? 😉

Ohhhh, think how much prettier he'd be if he were a red/white!! :p

Just kidding; he's beautiful!

• The cool thing about a black and white or a tri is that you can get a beagle to match (that is if you accidentally wind up adopting a beagle…) Of course, you can (if you are lucky) wind up with one that matches a red too.:) See below - Beegin the b and Brady the lemon/white beagle (Brady is my who-would-ever-give-you-to-a-shelter-pup who obviously moved in with Beegin into a place in my heart)

• sorry I didn't attach the pic correctly in the first post
    attachment_p_58249_0_oct-2008-beegin-and-brady-057-bf.jpg

• @PhocoenaGirl:

The cool thing about a black and white or a tri is that you can get a beagle to match (that is if you accidentally wind up adopting a beagle…) Of course, you can (if you are lucky) wind up with one that matches a red too.:) See below - Beegin the b and Brady the lemon/white beagle (Brady is my who-would-ever-give-you-to-a-shelter-pup who obviously moved in with Beegin into a place in my heart)

Cute pic! And how fun that they match!

If I were ever to get a tri, I suppose I'd have to get a black dobie to match.
    Hmmm, something to think about. :rolleyes:

• I love all the colours, but the reds give me a true basenji feeling, especially because the wrinkles are so visible.
    Besides the colour, I really like it when the markings are symmetrical. Same height of the socks, collar all around or no collar at all.. Not too much white.. That sort of things 😉

• @Janneke:

I love all the colours, but the reds give me a true basenji feeling, especially because the wrinkles are so visible.
    Besides the colour, I really like it when the markings are symmetrical. Same height of the socks, collar all around or no collar at all.. Not too much white.. That sort of things 😉

This is exactly what I think! I love reds! All of my dogs (shar pei and dane) are red (well actually red fawn w/black masks).

• Red/white is my favorite (even though my current one is a tri) but I do like it when there's a lot of white on the other colors. Something about the contrast I think.

• The best basenji is a Lola basenji!!!
    After her comes everything else.
    B/W used to be my least favorite. They just look a bit creepy in pictures sometimes, but then I saw a picture of a b/w puppy. Now I want to collect the whole set!!!

• @Andrew:

The best basenji is a Lola basenji!!!
    After her comes everything else.
    B/W used to be my least favorite. They just look a bit creepy in pictures sometimes, but then I saw a picture of a b/w puppy. Now I want to collect the whole set!!!

Oh, I think you may be mistaken. While it is true that Lola is a fine Basenji, the BEST BASENJI position was actually already taken, in a tie between Jazzy and Keoki.

Just wanted to clear that up for ya! :p

• Boy are you two lucky EL D crossed the rainbow bridge - he was BY FAR the best basenji 😃 Of course Luny is fast catching up. 🙂

• @JazzysMom:

Oh, I think you may be mistaken. While it is true that Lola is a fine Basenji, the BEST BASENJI position was actually already taken, in a tie between Jazzy and Keoki.

Just wanted to clear that up for ya! :p

Well I suppose we are all entitled to our own opinions, however wrong they may be 😃 heehee

• @Andrew:

Well I suppose we are all entitled to our own opinions, however wrong they may be 😃 heehee

Hello??? Have you SEEN my dogs? Better go take another look-see at my photos. You'll be convinced….... trust me... :p

• I LOVE tris…but we have a majority of reds 🙂 When I first got into the breed I thought red was IT for us...and that tris looked 'funny'....but now I find them the most striking. Followed closely by red for me. Then BW and then brindle. I am VERY picky what I find pleasing with brindles, but I have seen some beauties.

• Although I think Medjai is a great looking tri, my favorite is the brindles with very little white. I just think some of them scream native dog.

• @JazzysMom:

Hello??? Have you SEEN my dogs? Better go take another look-see at my photos. You'll be convinced….... trust me... :p

They are indeed quite cute, but I'm still not convinced. Lola can out-cute anything! (Although basenjis sneaking through doggie doors is a tough act to compete with!)
    Even other basenji owners at lure coursing events just fawn over her!

Suggested Topics