Skip to content

Looking for a Reputable breeder in Europe

Breeder Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    13k Views
    A
    @helle-devi said in Looking for a Basenji puppy to join the family in Los Angeles!: Denise Searcy @ Starfyre Basenji in Nuevo, CA Great! I'll PM you now. I saw the South Coast Basenji page as well and love how active the community is. I'm happy to see there are events and should I get a puppy this season, that there various meetups so I can make sure he/she can socialize well into and through adulthood. Thank you!
  • Looking

    Breeder Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Go to www.basenji.org, you can search by state/country as BCOA has members in Canada or breeders in the Pacific North West can give suggestions.
  • Looking for West Coast Breeder

    Breeder Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    14k Views
    CrazySenjiC
    Congrats!! You made a great choice! My first boy was out of one of their dogs and he was the best ❤️
  • Find a Breeder

    Breeder Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    tanzaT
    @cheryl-goodman - Have you talked to your girl's breeder? Have you completed all health testing and recorded it with www.offa.org as public record, especially DNA testing for Fanconi and PRA? Have you done any showing or performance events with your girl?
  • Looking for Mar J breeder

    Breeder Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I am glad you have and love your dog, but Mar J was a puppymill that shut down with hundreds of "stock" sold off at auction. Please, if you want another dog... go to a responsible breeder or try Pam Hamilton with Camp Basenji for a rescue. For the rest.. read about the conditions of those poor animals (scroll down to the bottom section) and the attempts to save some of them from being sold to people who would mostly just do the same with: https://basenjiforums.com/topic/921/mo-puppymiller-being-shut-down-basenjis-need-help/3
  • Looking

    Breeder Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    11k Views
    P
    I agree that cost is not necessarily indicative of the quality of a dog but rather it does reflect the time, energy and costs of producing litters. I find with my own, any way, that there is a terrific saving on veterinary costs as I find that in my experience in general Basenjis are a very healthy breed and trips to the vets in between puppyhood and old age.are minma compared to many breeds. Before anybody comments, I do appreciate that some do seem to have many health problems but overall I think that it is probably quite a small portion..