Skip to content

Seeking a red and white puppy in France

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
  • I am looking for a red basenji, male or female puppy. A bold and confident character, ideally smaller but if it’s a larger dog that’s fine too.

    I’m in Antibes for the rest of the year. I know the restrictions and very difficult at the moment. I’m happy to help brainstorm collection or delivery of the dog while travel continues to be restricted

  • @sophiebufton Just wanted to prepare you... most, if not all, of this years puppies probably have homes already. Basenji's typically breed once/year. Which could mean that you have to wait until next year to bring a pup home. I would suggest that you focus on finding a reputable breeder for now, and get on their waiting list for a pup.

    That said, you may find an adult through a breeder. Someimes they retire breeding stock. Sometimes a pup doesn't work out, is returned to the breeder, and ready to be placed with a new home. (It's something to consider.)

  • While American breeders do indeed often rehome Basenjis once they have finished, ie. become a champion, this is far less prevalent in Europe.

    Post me privately - my email address is on my website listed in my signature block - and I will put you in touch with breeders for next winter's crop of puppies

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    F
    @tanza said in Seeking Basenji puppies in New York tri state area: You can search for breeders at www.basenji.org by state
  • Seeking R/W puppy.

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    D
    Try. contacting Cindy Griswold at http://flyn-hi-hounds.com. She's really near Austin, and I'm 99% sure she doesn't have any puppies, but if there was a reputable breeder near you with puppies she would likely know about that.
  • 1 Votes
    5 Posts
    18k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    All excellent advice, not much I can add. I have a 9 week old Samoyed here and I'm pretty much kangaroo momming him. Right now he's even sleeping with me. Fortunately I have my daughter and her father helping out so I get some breaks, and my daughter does most of it when she's home 2 days a week. Samoyed are extremely people needy, but honestly I am the one who can't bear him being on his own too much this early. Even with doctor appointments, he has a crate in the living room so Larry can take him out to play/potty and snuggle (since I'm usually gone 5 to 6 hrs some days). Easy adjustment.. put in crate, happy voice "i'll be back" and leave. Go out the door and leave alone at least 15 mins. Keep extending it over several days until you are up to a couple of hours. By that point, they do get you will come back. Just no drama, no soothing poor baby stuff... nonchalant. Happy leaving, happy return. Make sure safe toys, chews in crate. If you can arrange it so her work and your's don't quite overlap so he's no alone more than 4 hrs, that would be idea. If not... swap out coming home for lunch break? Good luck.. and please post pictures :) Also, where did you get him? A lot of the basenjis here are related. (My basenji now is a rescue so not related.) It's nice to see the connections though!
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    5k Views
    khanisK
    So happy to say that Gemma is loving her new people today!
  • Red/White NM Available in Portland, OR

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    khanisK
    Meant to post last week… Caesar is in a new forever home... forever!
  • Looking for a Red/White Female in Forida

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    15k Views
    YodelDogsY
    FWIW, they never contacted me or I could have helped them out. After a single post though they may not even be on the forum anymore.