Skip to content

Play time

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Looking for a red and white puppy 🐶

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    9k Views
    G
    @helle-devi thank you very much!!!!
  • 0 Votes
    15 Posts
    14k Views
    eeeefarmE
    I think signalling is a great idea, although I have never used it. A friend taught her two Bichons to do it with a bell at the door. My dogs always let me know when they needed out. We had a regular routine, but if a potty break was needed at some other time, restless pacing and trotting toward the door was a pretty clear picture. Never a problem. Worst thing is the sound of a dog beginning to retch and jumping off the bed at 4 a.m. Seldom managed to get outside quick enough!
  • Puppy not playing anymore

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    We always called that the "blue funk" after the girls were in season and for about two months after.... once they got passed the "I should have had puppies".... they would go back to mostly normal.....
  • New Basenji!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    3 Votes
    19 Posts
    17k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @rugosa LOL on the pig ear. But it's not just a basenji trait. One night it was storming and one of my rotts was fixated on one of the bedroom windows. I looked, there was a toad on the screen! The dog was so intense about wanting to get to it, my daughter went out in the rain and moved it from the window. From then until she died, day or night, I had to let her in the bedroom when it stormed to make sure the once-in-a-lifetime visitor wasn't there. They think more than many people give them credit for.
  • Boarding for the first time

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    Sounds like your vet's office has all the right setups for boarding and for day care - my own vet's office does not have all those facilities. Wish they did! At the place where I do take them, the outside play area is covered,so climbing out is not possible, or I would worry about that as well, since our B's certainly can climb! So glad you have found a place Cody is safe and happy when boarding is necessary.
  • First Time

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    N
    bodhi baroos when i get home from work and dont get him out of the crate fast enough