Skip to content

It,s a sign

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • It's Official…

    Basenji Talk
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    21k Views
    TMartinT
    No problems, lets me learn for future reference which is always a good thing :) Kaia is still petite. I haven't weighed her in about 2 weeks or so, she had been hovering just a smidge under 18 lbs, she may have finally gone over that now. That's why I was hoping to put off until July, wanted to make sure she had plenty of time to grow because we weren't too sure if she grows slowly or if she'll just stay petite. But I look back on her first pictures with us and wonder when she got so big!
  • Calming signs

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    BuanaB
    @DebraDownSouth: Go look at your dog. SLOWLY blink your eyes, do a slow yawn, slowly blink again. You'd be amazed how many will respond with a yawn! Exactly, that a great example!
  • That's the spot!

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    If Malaika is lying down and you tickle her tum, she rolls partialy over or lifts her back leg to give better access :D She also loves you to scratch the back of her head, this makes her frown and her lips stretch into a realy long Crocodile grin. I will have to try and get a pic,lol
  • She's A Lady

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    My pup never bothered hers much and I didn't even use a spray deterent. (Of course she got used to wearing coats in the winter so maybe that helped.)
  • What's your B's name?

    Basenji Talk
    71
    0 Votes
    71 Posts
    64k Views
    z1njaZ
    Bushongo Cosmo, breeder who decided that. And I think its ok :)
  • Stormie's 1st dinner at his "Gramma's" house

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    L
    There's no animal so resourceful as a hungry basenji. They were slighted you know for centuries being last in line at the cooking pot.