• I ment to post this story a few weeks ago when it happened but I guess it slipped my mind, not sure how though. SO here it is:
    During a Basenji 500, I was stupid enough to stand in a doorway for 3.5 seconds. Then Mia comes crashing straight into my knee straight on with her head! As I feel to the ground in agonizing pain convinced she shattered me knee cap 😃 , Nike (that little rascal) proceeds to pull my hair! Like serioulsy did I feed them 5 minutes late and they were pissed off or something. Needless to say I didn't want to spend too much time with them that night :p

• Hahahaha. You poor thing! Dallas yanks on my hair whenver he can. The little devil! It's like he knows exactly what to go for when he's mad :p These Bs, they don't mess around!

• LOL, Tiggy tugs on my hair when I get out of the shower, well more like he's taste testing it

• Trixie hit my right leg one night doing the same thing, running like a fool. It hurt so bad and sure enough I ended up with a bruise. At first I thought it hurt her because it was a direct hit with her head, but it did'nt even slow her down. LOL

• @ELERICKSON40:

Trixie hit my right leg one night doing the same thing, running like a fool. It hurt so bad and sure enough I ended up with a bruise. At first I thought it hurt her because it was a direct hit with her head, but it did'nt even slow her down. LOL

they definitly have mini titinium helmets under those wrinkles, because I thought the same thing of Mia, but like you said didn't even slow her down!

• By the was how old is Mia? Is'nt she close to a year old? She reminds me alot of Trixie the way she looks. We all need to get together this summer for a B party. Us Florida folk need to stick together!! LOL

• Mia is going to be 1 in May…and yes I would like that I am sure Nina would as well. It' always fun to see them run around like maniacs, taking their turns chasing eachother! We could always meet here since I'm in the middle of you and Nina. Although Mia might be alittle mad that I'm taking more B's into HER house lol. She only growled for a few minutes and then was fine, unless Dalls (or even Nike) tried to take her toys away lol, girls..we're so difficult lol.

• Agreed! We should all find an area to meet…probably some dogpark in Orlando since that seems to be the most central place 🙂

• @Mia:

Mia is going to be 1 in May…and yes I would like that I am sure Nina would as well. It' always fun to see them run around like maniacs, taking their turns chasing eachother! We could always meet here since I'm in the middle of you and Nina. Although Mia might be alittle mad that I'm taking more B's into HER house lol. She only growled for a few minutes and then was fine, unless Dalls (or even Nike) tried to take her toys away lol, girls..we're so difficult lol.

That would be great, I have never seen Trixie around another B and I would love that! Yeah I agree with the girl thing! I just worry because Trixie can be a bit of a bitch at times!! But can't we all. LOL Just keep me posted and we can try and set something up!

• Also that way we would not intrude on Mia and she won't have to stress about her toys!!

• lol true, although if we would go to the dog park, I don't trust Mia without her leash, so it would just be the pup Nike. although she did do well when we in our yard, I think she is way more territorial in the house than outside, I don't have an acre of land, but it's fenced in so there would always be that option too 🙂

• OK folks, taking a basenji, especially a girl (bitch!) off leash is a leap of faith, but more often than not they do very well on that neutral territory. A bunch of us have been doing it for over 6 years, and have met a lot of new basenjis, all but one or two have gotten along. At first there may be some raised fur (mohawk), and a bit of snarking, but a real fight is rare, mostly they are all noise and bluff. And they are so excited to see another basenji, it really is amazing. But ON LEASH, there is leash aggression, and the fear that comes from knowing you can't run away, even a snarky bitch is often better off leash at a park. Do get together, it is a blast! We do it every week, had 10 basenjis last Sunday, from age 12 years to just under a year (Mantis' young Cairo). An extended basenji family is a wonderful thing to experience. Good luck to you Central Florida gals, have fun! "Just do it!"

Anne in Tampa

• thanks for the advice. I'm just scared when Mia growls, I am so scared she wil hurt naother dog, although like you said it's probably mostly for show, as she has enevr hurt any person or her baby brother.

• this reminds me of a story.. my best friends mom was taking her dog (rhodesian ridgeback mix who is less than a year old) and her brothers dog (a 1-2 year old yellow lab) on a walk in a field behind the house off lead. and the two dogs were running around and ran straight into her knee.. and she couldnt put weight on it and used my best friends crutches ( shes a soccer player and has lots of knee problems and surgeries) that were laying around.. that was thanksgiving break.. during christmas.. she went to the doctors and her leg was BROKEN!

Suggested Topics