Skip to content

Question about ID tag information

Moved Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Dog ID tags

    Basenji Talk
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    23k Views
    S
    Fran, I do know tags do wear out, but these look good to me. So, give them a try and lets compare info. I don't leave anything on my dogs when they are home, but put the tags on the collars/harness when we travel. Course, the b's are micro chipped. But with Wheat, looking so "unique" I don't want someone to think she is a wild dog.. I put on mine, REWARD on one side, my phone number on the second side and the word microchipped. They say put the dogs name on the tag, but as we switch collars/harness so much, doesn't seem important.
  • Question…

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    bellabasenjiB
    Home is a dog's "territory" and sometimes they will protect it as such (especially against other dogs)… Possibly the breeder is concerned this would be an issue. Maybe she would consider meeting somewhere "neutral" with you and some of the dogs...
  • Dog tag question..

    Basenji Talk
    23
    0 Votes
    23 Posts
    12k Views
    Ninabeana26N
    Hm never thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion! :) I actually found a site that does engraved logos on their tags & so I could get a football engraved on the one side with his info on it. We'll see though!
  • Just a few questions.

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    wizardW
    EL D is almost 4 and his neck is 14. My Vet carries a toothpaste made by C.E.T. that comes in chicken or seafood flavor. It supposed to be better for tartar control.
  • Eating question…

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Shadow also used to 'pick' at his food. He started expanding so I cut back the food at each feeding and now he is eating normally and finishes his bowl when the others do.
  • Questions?

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    L
    On tv this morning they showed some dogs that were to be adopted at Petsmart from the Humane Society. One of them they said was a basenji/terrier mix. That dog was huge and he didn't look anything like a basenji to me. No batwing ears but the tail was curled.