Skip to content

Question about ID tag information

Moved Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Crating Question

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    T
    it's such a blessing on the weekends!
  • Dog ID tags

    Basenji Talk
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    23k Views
    S
    Fran, I do know tags do wear out, but these look good to me. So, give them a try and lets compare info. I don't leave anything on my dogs when they are home, but put the tags on the collars/harness when we travel. Course, the b's are micro chipped. But with Wheat, looking so "unique" I don't want someone to think she is a wild dog.. I put on mine, REWARD on one side, my phone number on the second side and the word microchipped. They say put the dogs name on the tag, but as we switch collars/harness so much, doesn't seem important.
  • Questions for Breeder

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    S
    @Maya: When i was first in touch with Maya's breeder i asked lots of questions about health testing. I knew the temperment of Maya's mum (which is fantastic!!) as i had met her several times, so i asked all about Dad. Having witnessed some horrific temperments around the ring over here, health and temperment were a priority for me… I also would have been concerned if the breeder hadn't asked LOTS of questions of me. She wanted to know if i'd researched the breed, if i knew they weren't necessarily easy to live with (and explained!) and just lots of questions about me to make sure she knew if i would be a responsible basenji owner. I think with such a unique breed you need a responsible breeder who is looking for a permenant home who has done their research :) This was totally my experience as well. I was very aware that it wasn't just us interviewing a breeder, but the breeder getting to know us. I was really grateful to see that our amazing breeder took the time to make sure that we knew what we were getting into. It would make me exceptionally leery if a breeder handed over a Basenji, no questions asked.
  • Ear Question

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    Ninabeana26N
    @Robin_n_Jack: Ha! And all this time, I thought that jack's mom had thought the first ear was so good she decided to taste the other one! HAHAHAHAHAHA! OH my gosh that's hilarious!
  • Dog tag question..

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • A question

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    jys1011J
    HOW CUTE!!! I love the one ear up & one down…I wish mine could do that!! Definitely something senji about this little guy but rest assured he's 100% CUTE