For those of you wondering, let me give you the update. Baroo was scheduled to be neutered on thursday, but after thinking about it I decided to find another vet because I wasn't happy with the one I went to. They wanted $130 to neuter him (with pain meds) and I thought that was high, does that sound right to anyone else? So needless to say, he has not be neutered yet, but I am shopping around for a better vet, and hopefully will find on by next week. I talked to Oba's foster mom, and we came to the conclusion that since the timing wasn't the greatest with my husband leaving, and still needing to get Baroo neutered and healed, that she would keep her until DH gets home in 3 weeks. That will give Barooo time to heal and get back to normal before she comes home. I can also spend that time re-enforcing his training. We did make the drive to LA to go meet her today though. We wanted to make sure that she was going to get along with Baroo and my son before we made the commitment. It seems everything went great, and although Baroo was a little nervous and out of sorts, I think they are going to be good friends. He did snap at her a couple times, but he was just asserting his dominace, and she submitted to him, so I know there won't be a problem. She was also great with my son. She licked his face and wanted to play. She is bigger though, and very hyper, so I will have to watch out for her trying to knock him over. She is very energetic and wants to play all the time. Baroo will love that once they settle in. He has met his match! She is such a sweet girl and I can't wait to bring her home. Too bad that will be about a month! I think it is best though, for everyone. I just hate the waiting!
Oh, and she does bark, but it is more high pitched and kinda odd sounding. :p
Here are some pics of their first meeting:
This is me and Baroo, and Oba/Sheba and her foster mom
They seem pretty relaxed…
She is a little bigger, but that shouldn't be a problem
Giving my husband a hug