Skip to content

6 degrees of a Basenji?

Breeder Talk
  • Here's a funny 6 degrees of separation story… when I was in Michigan I worked with a friend named Rob. He was there when I first was researching getting a basenji and when he and his wife met Tayda it helped them to decide to get a basenji also, 2 years later. Then they moved to Seattle and got their basenji, Max. We were just emailing the other day and he told me that Max was sired to a bitch in Ohio. And I respond with "really? who's the Breeder?" and he emails back "Andrea Walters" ha ha.

    Its like including canines in the 6 degrees of separation game! Andrea, were you in the movie Footloose with Kevin Bacon? ha ha...

  • Love it…too good!! :D

  • Ha, ha! It is a small world. Actually, Katie Campbell is the breeder :) But yes, I co-own the bitch with her.

    I will post more details later :)

Suggested Topics

  • Local Basenji Breeder

    Breeder Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    G
    Check the Basenji Club of Canada's breeder's directory: http://www.basenjiclubofcanada.com/BCOC-BreedersDirectory.html -Joanne
  • Basenji Breeder Directory

    Breeder Talk
    3
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Confused. Really. We have breeders listed in AKC, and in breed clubs. OFA maintains health certifications. Why reinvent the wheel? It's unlikely breeders who haven't tested or didn't report bad results will just open up to you. Then you have Sally's database...which is extensive. A look at her work on just Basenjis might give you an idea of the enormity of what you want to do. So I really must be missing what your reasons and goals are.
  • House of the Basenjis

    Breeder Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    F
    Thank you for the replies. Yes, either a total scam or just irresponsible, deceptive and lying individuals trying to make a buck. I am so glad I found this forum. Federico
  • NEB Basenjis

    Breeder Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    B
    She's not a member of the Rip Van Wrinkle Club. I did, however, contact the BBB as well as various scammer websites so others who do research on her name or breeding company don't meet the same fate. Also went ahead and contacted the AKC and BCOA, so hopefully something comes of it.
  • Rugosa Basenjis

    Breeder Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    Thanks for the update, Andrea, haven't read anything on the B-list for a while, and I have always admired Vickie. Anne in Tampa
  • Basenji in heat…

    Breeder Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    11k Views
    tanzaT
    How is it going with your bitch in season?