What do you do for your B's Birthdays?

• Just wondering….what do y'all do for your B's on their birthdays? Anything? Tayda and Lenny's birthdays are coming up... come to think of it, probably LOTS of B's are having birthdays soon. ha ha.

The first year I had Tayda I cooked her a massive steak on her birthday. She inhaled it in seconds and I felt like a great doggy mom. Until the next morning when she had digestive problems (if you know what i mean) ha ha. i learned quickly on that one. Last year for Lenny's birthday, his breeder sent him a birthday package! Complete with a card and a pic of his "family" (mom,dad, littermates) all posing for him, and some home made doggie treats. Oh, and she included some chocolates for me. It was so nice!

Anyway, just looking for ideas of how to celebrate! 🙂

• We took "the kids" to an off leash area so they could spend the day being themselves– running and sniffing and doing whatever THEY wanted to do. :p

I of course always indulge in buying more collars. Although, now that I bought a sewing machine, I've stopped spending $40 each and started making my own! :rolleyes: Brilliant!

• Oooohhhh… making collars... thats a good idea. i love sewing!

• OMG… I just remembered what my sister did for her dog's birthday- hmm...okay- :rolleyes: you first have to understand that we are ANIMAL LOVERS. :p And dog FANATICS. 😃 We just love them so much... so don't judge... :o Here are pics from the "party" she had. I love it!! hahahah!! :p :p :p

The cake... (from the doggie bakery)

The cat was not happy in the hat…

Apollo contemplating the meaning of elastic.

Irwin, my parents' dachshund, enjoys the festivities…

Apollo & my sweet dobie, Ayda at the party.

The birthday boy himself, Apollo- age 1, weight, 150lbs.

Even Galileo came out to play.

And who can forget the presents??

Now who wants to top that?! 😃 😉

• Ha, ha, ha….can't possibly top that! We sing happy birthday to each dog 🙂 Ivy is at the end of November, then Bella and Luna have the same birthday in December (totally different litters and years), then Querk, then Ariel and finally Blondie in January!

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Just wondering….what do y'all do for your B's on their birthdays? Anything? Tayda and Lenny's birthdays are coming up... come to think of it, probably LOTS of B's are having birthdays soon. ha ha.

The first year I had Tayda I cooked her a massive steak on her birthday. She inhaled it in seconds and I felt like a great doggy mom. Until the next morning when she had digestive problems (if you know what i mean) ha ha. i learned quickly on that one. Last year for Lenny's birthday, his breeder sent him a birthday package! Complete with a card and a pic of his "family" (mom,dad, littermates) all posing for him, and some home made doggie treats. Oh, and she included some chocolates for me. It was so nice!

Anyway, just looking for ideas of how to celebrate! 🙂

Awww…that Kelli! She is too sweet!

• Good question about b'days…I've been curious what others do. Ruby's b'day is 11/22 (which is Thanksgiving this year)...

BDawg...those pics are super cute...the cat definitely doesn't look impressed. 😃

• Those party pictures, especially the Cat…....too cute.:)

Can't say we single out any one B's birthday. The Birthday dates fall within days of one another, a few weeks apart for some and all around Xmas time. We go all out on Xmas and they are our entertainment Xmas morning watching them with their gifts. They all have their own stocking.:rolleyes:

Jasper is the only odd ball, his b-day is in April......he celebrates his with the Terrier mix Ren.:D

• Hollie usually gets a special toy and meal. I have contemplated having a pawty for her and think it would be hilarious, especially if it's anything like BDawg's pics!!!

Hollie has her own Christmas Stocking too… it's a velvety red paw (instead of a stocking)... too cute!!

• While I don't do anything for the birthday I do give mine a christmas present or two - wrapped up too (something smelly so he knows to tear it apart). Of course I don't leave it out anywhere until the appropriate time.

• Here's the family pic Kelli sent us for Lennys birthday last year. So cute!

The brindle and red and white in the middle are his mom and dad. The red and white on the left is his littermate sister. The black and white on the right is unrelated and the three little blobs in the front are brothers (not littermates, obviously, but since its the same mom and dad I guess technically they are brothers).

🙂
    attachment_p_26742_0_photo-63.jpg

• Aww cute pic

• The cat picture is hilarious. LMAO! You should submit that to a contest. I can't wait to show DH when he gets home!

We do gifts for Nala at Christmas, she gets so excited whenever presents are being opened and I always make a big deal out of her birthday. The kids get a kick out of it (me too)!

Great family photo. I love the little pups in the foreground!

• Sometimes we share steak (but not a WHOLE steak) and other times just a meatloaf, or mac and cheese, They get some human dinner every night, so it really isn't a big deal, and too much of anything makes for a bad tummy for Topper. I get them new bully sticks or other favorite chewies, same as Christmas.

Anne in Tampa

• @wizard:

While I don't do anything for the birthday I do give mine a christmas present or two - wrapped up too (something smelly so he knows to tear it apart). Of course I don't leave it out anywhere until the appropriate time.

We don't do anything for the pets' birthdays, but we do get them each a stuffed animal and some special treats for Christmas. The Basenjis are clueless as yet, but Gypsy always knows and waits for hers when she sees the kids start opening gifts.

• I'm glad someone asked this question. I don't know when my Scarlett's birthday is because she was a shelter baby. The vet estimated her at about 15 months old when i got her in May of this year so judging by the vet's estimate she was a feburary baby, so we have decided to set Valentine's day as her birthday. We also plan to celebrate her "GOTCHA DAY" the 17th of May. She was a "Mother's Day" present from my sweetheart after having to put down my first "baby," a torti calico the day after Mother's Day. She has been a special girl since then and so to celebrate we are having a big celebration with several friend's dogs and her feline sister. Her birthday will probably consists of a small "family" gathering, me, her "daddy", sister and "uncles" for dinner and a big group outing to the park to play!

• What we tend to do is get a new toilet paper roll, light a candle placed into the top of it, and sing happy birthday to the B on his/her special day. Then, all enjoy pieces of muffin-sized cake-like dog biscuit after they tear the TP roll into a zillion pieces together. The pups get a kick out of the strange routine.

• Nice breeder, that sure was a nice surprise for you. Love the picture of her family and new little pups. My B's B-day is Jan. 31st, and I too have been pondering on what I can do for her special day. She will be 2 this year, and she is such a joy for my husband and I. I will probably buy some ground round for her, and get her some special toy or something. She is spoiled so she gets things all the time, my hubby just bought her a 4-legged coat with faux leopard fur collar, I just took pics of that so I can post them this weekend. She is soooooooo cute in it, check it out then.:D

• Youngandtired,

Sahara could use a brother or a sister for her birthday 😃

• Jazzy turns 3 tomorrow. And my dd turns 15. DD will get a cake and ice cream, and I usually take a picture of my "birthday girls", but Jazzy won't get a gift or anything.

I like to tease dd that it's easy for me to remember her birthday because it's my baby Jazz's birthday too!

Suggested Topics