• Mary Langoula put the last double leg on her bitch Sparky which makes her the very first UDX II basenji - ever.

Way to go Mary and Sparky

• Woo Hoo!!!

• Yaaay Sparky and Mary! Congrats!

• i have no idea what this message is about… can someone explain? 🙂

• UDX is a high level obedience title. And I believe that UDXII means that has completed the qualificiations twice? Either way, it is the highest obedience title ever attained by a Basenji. I think there are less than 3 or 4 Basenjis that have attained a UD title at all (the X, or excellent, indicates a certain number of high scores during the road to the title).

The first title in Obedience is CD (Companion Dog), then UD (Utility Dog), and then OCH (or Obedience Champion). I think that you have to complete the requirements for UD three times over to get the OCH…I am sure someone here will correct me if that is inaccurate.

• Wow! That's fantastic! Congratulations to Sparky and Mary! btw the fact that it has something to do with obedience probably explains why i had no idea what it was. ha ha. tayda and lenny are not the most obedient. 🙂

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Wow! That's fantastic! Congratulations to Sparky and Mary! btw the fact that it has something to do with obedience probably explains why i had no idea what it was. ha ha. tayda and lenny are not the most obedient. 🙂

Yeah…I think there must be something WRONG with that B 😉 JUST KIDDING!

• @Quercus:

Yeah…I think there must be something WRONG with that B 😉 JUST KIDDING!

or something very, very right with the trainer. WOW!!

• Congrats! That is awesome!

• Thanks Quercus for the explanation. Since Hollie is mixed and I have never shown or competed with a dog I often skip over the threads that cover those areas, simply because I didn't understand what they were talking about.

I have learned a little today!! 😉

• I'm going to try to add a little here to folks who have not been in basenjis for a million years. The owners of Sparky (Aljor's Back to Sonbar) are Mary and Gary Langula of St. Paul MN. When I got my first Basenji in 1983 they had already been in obedience with basenjis forever.

You are right - excellent trainers. At one time there was a basenji club in MN and they were members. I have some old newspaper photos of their basenjis as part of an Obedience Training Centers parade drill team. They are doing a sit - off leash - on handlers to be seen. How's that for scary! At one parade it was alleged that someone tossed a firecracker at the dogs and they scattered - except Col Benjamin = the basenji of Gary and Mary.

Nothing in my house is obedient - children, spouce or dogs - however I am amazed when others can do this kind of stuff.

• And I agree, one of my puppy owners and now a co-owner of Kobey… has put a CD and RN on her first bitch that she got from me... and leg 1 of her RA in Rally (from the Nationals)... I totally respect her and what she has done... it is the home to "die" for... IMO.... me on the other hand is the typical Basenji person... NO I am not obedient!

Suggested Topics