Skip to content

Training basenjis

Basenji Training

Suggested Topics

  • Kennel Training

    Basenji Training
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    8k Views
    J
    Yay!!! 👊😊👍
  • 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    avdpierreA
    I posted pics/comments on the new girls on this link….http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?13139-KS-Wichita-Eureka-Free-Bs-2-M-1-Yr-Old-amp-1-F-1-Yr-Old-amp-1-F-7-Yr-Old-On-Craigslist#post156254
  • Evil basenjis

    Basenji Training
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    8k Views
    dmeyD
    I have had that same situation with Ayo,only with him it's usually with large dogs. we only have one area at the park here, all together, small dogs and big dogs. When he goes in he always chooses one big dog , runs up to him and starts growling. Sometimes he stops very quickly, or the other dog growls back and it stops or it escalates , usually because the other dogs owner freaks out. He is fine around small dogs. And I am pretty sure that he is fine with most dogs, that if I leave them they will work it out, but I'm afraid to let it play out because bigger dogs can really hurt him, and also because usually the other owner freaks and intervenes making everything worse. Sooo, Ayo has started to get a bit of a rep.. The basenji rep!! I usually wait till only small dogs are in…
  • Basenji training to help cops

    Basenji Training
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    Great they are finally being recognized. I watched a show a few months back where they were training Basenjis at airports to sniff out drugs and other contraband in baggage compartments. The B's do well because they are small, can step over all the piles of baggage and of course, have such great noses it comes easy to them to be trained for this work!
  • Leash training

    Basenji Training
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    tanzaT
    Love that Kathy…. BADsenji!!!!! Too perfect
  • Loose Leash Training a Basenji

    Basenji Training
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    19k Views
    J
    Wow. I didn't realize it was so difficult to get Bs to walk nicely. I guess we had a lot of the "dirty work" done for us by the breeder. Joey, we got him at 10 months, walks superbly on his leash. I do need to remind him sometimes, but he gets back in line right away. The breeder tells me to be sure they know who is boss with every issue. I do see a difference with each of my kids that take Joey out and Joey knows who he can be tougher with and who he really has to listen to.