Skip to content

Puppy scratching a lot especially face

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Puppy dry heaving?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    5k Views
    Y
    @lawrence-chow said in Puppy dry heaving?: Replying late but our B had this problem for quite a while. It's called bilious vomiting syndrome. Usually the vomit is yellow foam in the morning when they have an empty stomach. Our vet suggested feeding 3 meals through the day with the last meal as late in the evening as possible and then the moment they wake up, feed them right away, even just a spoonful is good. Our B had this issue on and off for a good 4 months before it eventually going away, the feeding very first thing in the morning seemed to help. She's 9 months now and it still happens occassionally, the last time was when we forgot to feed her dinner the night before. She's otherwise totally healthy. Sadly this was a totally different issue at the time. It was dry and repetitive even post-feeding. Ended up being nothing which is odd but he's all good now :)
  • 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    15k Views
    E
    @zande thank you so much for your help
  • Seeking a red and white puppy in France

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    8k Views
    ZandeZ
    While American breeders do indeed often rehome Basenjis once they have finished, ie. become a champion, this is far less prevalent in Europe. Post me privately - my email address is on my website listed in my signature block - and I will put you in touch with breeders for next winter's crop of puppies
  • Trying our patience..

    Behavioral Issues
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    18k Views
    ZandeZ
    Take him out last thing at night so he can make himself comfy ? I have to take mine out - wimps - they won't go if I don't accompany them. Yes, its freezing and yes its dark. But Keeper's close-up vision is going going gone and he hates excursions into the night without Mom and although I'd much rather stay indoors, if I want to avoid being awoken, middle of the night there is no option. Frankly its a small price to pay for the comfort of two old Basenjis.
  • Puppy Testicles

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    TimesthemythT
    Yes, she's a wonderful lady. Always very helpful, and quick to reply to any concerns I have. If I thought it was an immediate problem I would have contacted her right away, but it sounds like a common phenomenon. Glad to have community feedback.
  • Puppy teeth

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    JISGARDJ
    O yes, it was certainly cheaper than the Vet!!!