Skip to content

Greetings from Florida! New basenji family

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    13k Views
    A
    @helle-devi said in Looking for a Basenji puppy to join the family in Los Angeles!: Denise Searcy @ Starfyre Basenji in Nuevo, CA Great! I'll PM you now. I saw the South Coast Basenji page as well and love how active the community is. I'm happy to see there are events and should I get a puppy this season, that there various meetups so I can make sure he/she can socialize well into and through adulthood. Thank you!
  • New basenji owner!!

    Member Introductions
    13
    4 Votes
    13 Posts
    16k Views
    S
    @mvdperez Thank you! She truly has been such a great addition to our family :)
  • Trying our patience..

    Behavioral Issues
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    18k Views
    ZandeZ
    Take him out last thing at night so he can make himself comfy ? I have to take mine out - wimps - they won't go if I don't accompany them. Yes, its freezing and yes its dark. But Keeper's close-up vision is going going gone and he hates excursions into the night without Mom and although I'd much rather stay indoors, if I want to avoid being awoken, middle of the night there is no option. Frankly its a small price to pay for the comfort of two old Basenjis.
  • New member, No Basenji.

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    13k Views
    K
    They are absolutely adorable to live with! People warned us when we got our first pup (we have mature two sisters now) but we fell in love with the breed and have no regrets. You have to be patient, though, with lots of humour, because they WILL test you.
  • New to Forum/New to Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    Welcome and congratulations! I have two BRATS myself, and a third basenji as well. So beware, they ARE like potato chips (You can't have just one) I love her name, she is gorgeous. Can't wait to hear all about her Homecoming!
  • New Basenji in our Family Tonight!

    Member Introductions
    32
    0 Votes
    32 Posts
    19k Views
    NemoN
    @dorvaan: He's gonna be incredibly picky about his toys. We got him 5 different ones, to begin with. He ignores all of them, except for one. Now, little rawhide bones? That's a whole 'nother story….. If he spent a lot of time in a kennel he might not be used to playing with toys. If he likes food-based toys you could try a stuffed kong or or something like these… http://www.premier.com/View.aspx?page=dogs/products/behavior/busybuddy/squirreldude/description http://www.triplecrowndogs.com/product/1591/Everlasting-Treat-Ball.html You can get them on Amazon or a lot of other websites. I saw the treat-ball at Petco. And if you are interested in taking the puppy to a eye doc, I can get some recommendations for you. There are a lot of basenji people in the southern part of the state and I can get some references for you when I meet up with the basenji club this weekend.