Skip to content

My pup

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    J
    @ashleyalanej Oh, that's awful. I took my pups to meet my vet a few weeks ago. She was telling me that she's seen a rise in Parvo this year as well. Scary stuff.
  • 1 Votes
    11 Posts
    13k Views
    V
    Nice post, glad to be here.
  • Looking for a red and white puppy 🐶

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    9k Views
    G
    @helle-devi thank you very much!!!!
  • 0 Votes
    15 Posts
    14k Views
    eeeefarmE
    I think signalling is a great idea, although I have never used it. A friend taught her two Bichons to do it with a bell at the door. My dogs always let me know when they needed out. We had a regular routine, but if a potty break was needed at some other time, restless pacing and trotting toward the door was a pretty clear picture. Never a problem. Worst thing is the sound of a dog beginning to retch and jumping off the bed at 4 a.m. Seldom managed to get outside quick enough!
  • Questions before I get my Basenji pup!

    Basenji Talk
    80
    0 Votes
    80 Posts
    56k Views
    L
    That sounds exactly like benji…his ears stay folded back for awhile when we get home he's so excited. And he is the smartest dog I've ever been around also. He knows what alot of different words mean just by picking up on our conversations and he does quite a few tricks when he wants to as well. And he has to be with us constantly too. The breeder had named him Wyatt so you might remember his pics and I posted some also.
  • New Pup Shopping List (Gulp!)

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    10k Views
    BenkuraB
    Hey, I've just discovered what a 'snugglepuppy' thingy is. We found a cuddly teddy in a charity shop years ago which had a ticking clocks as it's tummy. We bought it for our puppy coming home and it worked wonders. Have used it with puppies ever since. :)