Questions before I get my Basenji pup!

• He's delightful and obviously a tired, happy baby.

• Houston

hes a cute lil guy, i wished you lived in houston, cuz i have your dogs sister!
    attachment_p_135535_0_athena-sleeping.jpg

• mary beth weiss is a back yard breeder her adult female annie is ckc not akc and was was purchased from a puppymill

mary beth has not tested for fanconi beyond strip testing (or so she says)
    when i contacted her she knew almost nothing about fanconi called it doggie diabetes and said that symptoms didnt show up until a dog was quite old

mary beth weiss does nothing but use these dogs to make money selling puppies then gets rid of them she has had her 3 adults listed on kiji for months at a low price selling them as "breeders"

she will not be taking back any puppies from any buyer as she has a limit of 3 dogs where she lives

• First Basenji's

I just read all of this and it answers your questions quite well. Just click and paste! (yes, 7hrs is too long!!!!!) https://www.basenji.org/BasenjiU/Owner/Handbook/101Guide.html

• Banhanerzz, I visit Houston often as my girlfriends family lives there maybe we could meet up if I ever bring him up. Post pics of her! I absolutely love benji he is the smartest sweetest dog I've ever seen. What are some unique characteristics that yours has?

• First Basenji's

wow, I just read the reply above, and I guess I am still learning to navigate and respond to threads. this seems to have NOTHING at all to do with what is being discussed, sorry!😕

• First Basenji's

I just read all of this and it answers your questions quite well. Just click and paste! (yes, 7hrs is too long!!!!!) : https://www.basenji.org/BasenjiU/Own…/101Guide.html

• Houston

She is very mellow easygoing, she loves contact and must be with me or my girlfriend always. She is crazy smart and sweet also … She can do a few tricks... If there is food... If SHE wants to. And she is starting to howl when we come home after she is done going nuts, n her ears stay folded back from excitement. I have a few pix up on a thread called Athena has arrived, and when I get others re sized I'll put them here

• Houston

Here are some of her… i dont know what puppy you got but i saved a few of the pix from the breeders ad's most were taken down but i saved all we could, like the last pic, its around when they were 8 weeks or something like that
    attachment_p_135867_0_img_0280.jpg
    attachment_p_135867_1_athena-playing.jpg
    attachment_p_135867_2_close-up.jpg
    attachment_p_135867_3_img_0752.jpg

• That sounds exactly like benji…his ears stay folded back for awhile when we get home he's so excited. And he is the smartest dog I've ever been around also. He knows what alot of different words mean just by picking up on our conversations and he does quite a few tricks when he wants to as well. And he has to be with us constantly too. The breeder had named him Wyatt so you might remember his pics and I posted some also.

Suggested Topics