Skip to content

New basenji owner!!

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • New Basenji Owners

    Member Introductions
    3
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    10k Views
    ZandeZ
    Welcome aboard, but do share his registered name ? Who are Dad and Mom and what was his date of birth so we can be sure to add him to the Basenji pedigree on-line database (with a photo ???) for the world to share him. http://www.pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com/
  • Looking for a red and white puppy 🐶

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    9k Views
    G
    @helle-devi thank you very much!!!!
  • How much puppy exercise?

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    @condesa said in How much puppy exercise?: Thanks so much! Makes me feel better. And I got her from Nocturnal Kennels in NC. Are the sire/dam DNA tested for Fanconi and PRA? Did you check for yourself at www.ofa.org as DNA tests for Fanconi/PRA are public posted for the results. If not you should have your girl tested. It is a cheek swab that you do yourself. You can order it at www.ofa.org and the cost is 65.00 for each test (Fanconi & PRA)
  • New member, new basenji owner as of yesterday!

    Member Introductions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    16k Views
    lvossL
    Most people incorrectly use the terms dominant and dominance with regard to dogs. Here is a good blog post by Dr. Sophia Yin on the topic. http://drsophiayin.com/blog/entry/dominance_in_dogs_is_not_a_personality_trait
  • New and future basenji owner

    Member Introductions
    25
    0 Votes
    25 Posts
    15k Views
    BittysDadB
    Sean, as a new member of the Forum but an old doggy daddy I have had a lot of experience with many breeds. Reading about your requirements for a dog I have to suggest that you consider getting a rescue greyhound, it will be a great companion for when you run and the rest of the time they are very laidback. Basenji's are very intelligent and require a good deal of intellectual stimulation, otherwise they get bored and a bored B is a mischievious B.
  • New Basenji owner in Oregon!

    Member Introductions
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    10k Views
    luzmery928L
    I didn't know much about B's when I met Champ but to say that what characteristics B's share is "special needs" is plain idiotic. I consider it a blessing to have familiarized (and still learing) with this wonderful breed. It has made me realize that all dogs are not the same and it's important to learn as much about what makes them individuals as possible. I'm glad Raleigh found you and is now able to express himself freely without being labeled "special needs."