Skip to content

New basenji owner!!

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • How much puppy exercise?

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    10k Views
    tanzaT
    @condesa said in How much puppy exercise?: Thanks so much! Makes me feel better. And I got her from Nocturnal Kennels in NC. Are the sire/dam DNA tested for Fanconi and PRA? Did you check for yourself at www.ofa.org as DNA tests for Fanconi/PRA are public posted for the results. If not you should have your girl tested. It is a cheek swab that you do yourself. You can order it at www.ofa.org and the cost is 65.00 for each test (Fanconi & PRA)
  • Trying our patience..

    Behavioral Issues
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    18k Views
    ZandeZ
    Take him out last thing at night so he can make himself comfy ? I have to take mine out - wimps - they won't go if I don't accompany them. Yes, its freezing and yes its dark. But Keeper's close-up vision is going going gone and he hates excursions into the night without Mom and although I'd much rather stay indoors, if I want to avoid being awoken, middle of the night there is no option. Frankly its a small price to pay for the comfort of two old Basenjis.
  • Basenji Treats (training)

    Basenji Talk
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    24k Views
    K
    @DebraDownSouth Well, I'm sure your dogs love it!
  • New here and new to Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • New Basenji(?) Owner, New to Forum

    Member Introductions
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    ?
    Hi, I'm no good at guessing mixes, wonderful that you saved her from a shelter and she is cute, welcome. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • New Basenji mix owner

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Welcome Wes and Anne, i'm sure you will love this forum. You are right Basenjis are certainly a challenge but definately worth it. Perhaps the other bit of her will make her a bit easier to train?