Skip to content

Old-fashioned Hound Glove?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Just received my 4 Months old Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    40
    2 Votes
    40 Posts
    15k Views
    D
    @sammm Basenjis are a long and winding road. My first was a challenge at first as I had no idea that a Basenji was different from a “normal” dog lol. After the first year, I found myself looking for information on the internet to find out why he was so different. At one point I seriously wondered if maybe he was just crazy or something. I was very surprised to find out he was actually just doing normal Basenji things and that they are all like that lol. As with most things, when they are challenging and hard work, the final rewards are greater and more cherished. This year is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, a great achievement that was not easy, required a lot of hardship and work, along with some luck. But because of those things, the achievement was greater and more rewarding. Those who endure the difficulties and bond with their dogs, would in the end never change a thing. They are very rewarding, over time you will get back more fun, laughs, education, love and affection than you can put in. The day comes all too soon when you will wish they were howling all night in the kitchen because they wanted to be with you or chewing the $20 bills from you wallet because they were bored. Enjoy the moment, that is the Basenji way.
  • Taking our Old Man on vacation

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    Buddys PalB
    sounds like a great experience for all! don't ya just love it when they surprise you with such good reactions around new things?
  • New title for an old dog

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    MacPackM
    Congrats to Digital and to YOU too, you are a team!
  • Old UK breeder ?

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    ElscodobermannE
    you got me searching through some old crufts catalogues for the 1950s, and the Andersons were just about the only scottish based exhibitors - could she perhaps just have had dogs from them? The seemed to have moved about quite a bit in the 50s thru north England/Scotland, and back in those days the bred prolifically so there would be lots of basenjis out there.. Will be really interesing to find out who she is and who the dogs were - keep us informed!
  • Old Crufts schedules & catalogues

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    JISGARDJ
    Thanks Jenny, What an interesting walk down memory lane! Now I know I was really there and I did not dream it! Steve.
  • Is your Basenji a Chow hound and what food are you feeding

    Basenji Talk
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    6k Views
    Robin_n_JackR
    Well…I free-feed, but because of my work schedule, and therefore, Jack's crating schedule, he gets fed on a regular schedule. I fee him in the morning, around 7:30am, and he usually gobbles that down, then I feed him when I get home, and leave food out for him all evening. Because I do have a normal schedule with him, I can see when he is eating, and when he isn't. Lately, he has taken to eating his food while we are eating dinner (which is great!) he brings a few bites to the dining room, drops them on the floor, and lets out a huge sigh and eats them. I know what he is saying "Boy, I sure wish I had what you're having...."