Skip to content

Play time

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Trying our patience..

    Behavioral Issues
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    18k Views
    ZandeZ
    Take him out last thing at night so he can make himself comfy ? I have to take mine out - wimps - they won't go if I don't accompany them. Yes, its freezing and yes its dark. But Keeper's close-up vision is going going gone and he hates excursions into the night without Mom and although I'd much rather stay indoors, if I want to avoid being awoken, middle of the night there is no option. Frankly its a small price to pay for the comfort of two old Basenjis.
  • New Basenji!!

    Basenji Talk
    19
    3 Votes
    19 Posts
    17k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    @rugosa LOL on the pig ear. But it's not just a basenji trait. One night it was storming and one of my rotts was fixated on one of the bedroom windows. I looked, there was a toad on the screen! The dog was so intense about wanting to get to it, my daughter went out in the rain and moved it from the window. From then until she died, day or night, I had to let her in the bedroom when it stormed to make sure the once-in-a-lifetime visitor wasn't there. They think more than many people give them credit for.
  • Basenji Time line

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    P
    I'm ashamed to say, Pat, that I hadn't looked much at the BCOA website. As soon as posssible I'll visit there for a more studied look.
  • First time on the forum

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Welcome to the forum, please post some pics of Marley when you can :)
  • Play date

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    5k Views
    nobarkusN
    @Forever: This discribes zoey exactly. the crouch and pounce and the wearing out of dogs. She ran 3 italian grey hounds one after the other into the ground and was waiting for the next dog to come along so she can still play. Also whenever a new dogs comes to the park she plays greeter at the gate. People are always amazed at how fast she is. Buddy plays greeter at the gate too and goes to the gate when anybody leaves. Buddy will run around hard for 1 hour or more at the park then when we get home he runs in the house and grabs his toy.
  • Winter Coat Time!!!

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    12k Views
    Brodie79B
    For all those of you living in cold climates - I got a "Chilly Dog" coat (http://www.chillydogs.ca/) for Brodie a couple Christmases ago. It is a great design and super warm and has held up really well. A bit expensive but worth it. He also got a matching head muff which was supposed to keep his ears warm (this was when we were living in Ottawa and the -40C weather) but he hated having his ears covered.