Skip to content

Breeders

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
  • Hi, I’m struggling to find a genuine a Basenji breeder. I live in Kent but will to travel, I have been searching for well over 4 months now to no avail, I would appreciate any help if there is any one out there that can.
    Thanks
    Dean

  • This is not the time of year to look for a Basenji in the Northern Hemisphere, let alone in Kent ! One breeder from there is reputed to have said he had enough advance orders for 4 years after the last year's rush to buy a Basenji !

    But you could (maybe) get on a waiting list for next March delivery. Email me privately (address in websites on signature block) for a list of breed club secretaries.

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    senjisillyS
    If you belong to Facebook please join the group "Basenji Puppies/Puppys/Puppy’s: Get Educated BEFORE you BUY". You will learn from the group posts and information why the two breeders mentioned above are not considered "reputable" as well as a whole raft of other breeders considered "disreputable". You will also learn what constitutes a reputable breeder. A non-refundable deposit is a red flag, not being able to locate sire and dame test results on OFA is another, contracts where the breeder does not accept full responsibility of their pups or dogs if something goes wrong or you can no longer take care of him/her. Reputable does not mean they have to be a show breeder but usually they are. Not all puppies are meant for the show ring but their breeder should be breeding to the standard as if they were. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/536851013130196/permalink/1051212755027350/
  • 0 Votes
    19 Posts
    13k Views
    ZandeZ
    @tanza So have I. Nary a problem.
  • Looking for basenji breeder UK

    Moved Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    9k Views
    ZandeZ
    As I've said several times in different threads - Covid has brought out a plethora of would-be Basenji owners, not just in UK but across Europe. We are starting to fear dogs being dumped into Rescue when lockdown is lifted and people return to work in offices , having realised there is far more to owning a Basenji than just the facts that they don't bark, are small and keep themselves clean like cats. I have had well over 70 - probably 80 now the weekend's crop of enquiries has been dealt with per email and entered into my notes - and am at a loss to be able to tell them of a single breeder who doesn't already have a waiting list full to overflowing. Anyone posting me privately will receive a detailed response but it won't carry too much hope for this winter.
  • 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    13k Views
    A
    @helle-devi said in Looking for a Basenji puppy to join the family in Los Angeles!: Denise Searcy @ Starfyre Basenji in Nuevo, CA Great! I'll PM you now. I saw the South Coast Basenji page as well and love how active the community is. I'm happy to see there are events and should I get a puppy this season, that there various meetups so I can make sure he/she can socialize well into and through adulthood. Thank you!
  • Looking for Breeder

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    15k Views
    L
    @amys112 Hi! I’m right near them , in Taunton, MA! What’s the best way to reach them? I completed their application online but did not hear back.
  • Looking for a Breeder in NW Ohio

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    Vickie doesn't breed any longer, but I am sure she would love to talk about Basenjis and could refer you to other breeders in the area.