Skip to content

Play time

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    15k Views
    elbrantE
    @rgk9ruler said in Puppy Painful Biting Nonstop: xylitol, a sugar substitute, is deadly to dogs Thank you for the reminder! I don't do "sugar free" products (which would be obvious if you met me), but I often forget to mention this. Very important warning. Thank you!
  • 1 Votes
    5 Posts
    18k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    All excellent advice, not much I can add. I have a 9 week old Samoyed here and I'm pretty much kangaroo momming him. Right now he's even sleeping with me. Fortunately I have my daughter and her father helping out so I get some breaks, and my daughter does most of it when she's home 2 days a week. Samoyed are extremely people needy, but honestly I am the one who can't bear him being on his own too much this early. Even with doctor appointments, he has a crate in the living room so Larry can take him out to play/potty and snuggle (since I'm usually gone 5 to 6 hrs some days). Easy adjustment.. put in crate, happy voice "i'll be back" and leave. Go out the door and leave alone at least 15 mins. Keep extending it over several days until you are up to a couple of hours. By that point, they do get you will come back. Just no drama, no soothing poor baby stuff... nonchalant. Happy leaving, happy return. Make sure safe toys, chews in crate. If you can arrange it so her work and your's don't quite overlap so he's no alone more than 4 hrs, that would be idea. If not... swap out coming home for lunch break? Good luck.. and please post pictures :) Also, where did you get him? A lot of the basenjis here are related. (My basenji now is a rescue so not related.) It's nice to see the connections though!
  • First time on the forum

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    Welcome to the forum, please post some pics of Marley when you can :)
  • Bath time…

    Basenji Talk
    18
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    10k Views
    MomOfMyaM
    @rammaam: The only way to bath my two, is to take them into the shower. I use the sprayer with hose. My husband get in the shower and bathes them and I hold the other so he does not escape the bathroo. Then its his turn. While he getting his shower, i'm drying his sister, (with lots of help). It ends up with everyone soaked. lol… Mya showers as well. She just can't stand the bath. But she'll tolerate the shower. :p
  • First Time

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    N
    bodhi baroos when i get home from work and dont get him out of the crate fast enough
  • Playing ball!

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    12k Views
    Capt_Jack_our_BasenjiC
    I love it when Jack uses his paws as hands and rubs his eyes when he first wakes up or is sleepy it is SOO adorable!! I just cant get over how expressive Basenjis are!!