• This may seem like an odd question but has anyone owned a Basenji and a Miniature Pinscher at some point? I was raised with a Min Pin and from the research I've done, the two breeds seem to have some similar characteristics. For example, my Min Pin wasn't very needy when it came to affection, she would constantly test the rules to see if our reaction was consistent but eventually it would "click", she is not aggressive toward other people but she does growl at dogs and persistent children. Anyway, I'm asking because I would like to get a better idea of this breed's characteristics before I bother anyone with trying to meet a Basenji in person. Thank you in advance for your experiences.

• I would suggest that you met Basenjis in person before going any further... Min Pin's are toy dogs and I have been around many.. Like any other breed depending on their breeding and from good breeders that are well socialized they can be fine...

• I have a min pin who is 15yrs old, almost 16, and he loves his B companion. They sleep together, play and even share food. He was a little stand offish when we first brought the puppy home but they quickly became fast friends. Just my experience...but just like anyother dog it depends on the dog🤷♀

• In your experience, was the training similar between the two breeds or is the Basenji much more challenging to train?

• No, my min pin was waaaay easier. My B will train for about 10 to 15 min before she's done and wants to play or go bother her brother. But that's the breed so I don't push it and she will get there in her own time.

• Thank you. I have heard several B owners compare their dog to a toddler. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just an exaggeration. My childhood Min Pin was the only comparing point I had. I appreciate everyone's responses.

Suggested Topics