• Hello everyone!!

For the past 2 months i've been trying to find a breeder so we could buy a puppy or reserve one but got no results.

Do you know any reputable breeders in Japan? If not, I did find some information stating that a dog imported to Japan from Australia, New Zealand, Guam or Hawaii have it easier.

I would really appreciate some feedback about any reputable breeders in JP, and if not even if it would be the last thing i would want to do, find a breeder that is experienced in shipping puppies.

Thanks in advance!

• Try contacting Julie & Kathy Jones (Southern California) Jasiri82@aol.com, or Katie Campbell in Washington State taji@ktcampbell.com both are experienced with shipping/placing pups overseas.

• John o'brien in Perth, West Australia is figuring to breed next season, (june-july is the usual whelping time). He will be breeding half-Africans. I can contact him for you, if you wish.

• This whelping time applies to Southern hemisphere, with the Northern hemisphere occuring around December.

• @redial
    Omg yes please! i'd really love that! does he also have a facebook page or website?

• I have contacted him, which is sometimes difficult because of shift-work, and he is ameniable to exporting one of his pups. he has a litter brother and sister, both full African. He will commence his planning early for 11months ahead, and the pups should be ready to fly around 10 to 12 weeks.

what are the quarantine restrictions like in Japan, because they are tough in Australia. There is quite a process to ensure quarantine requirements are met from here. Please send an email to me to redial@aussiebb.com.au with any questions or clarifications you may have.

• Are you saying he's breeding brother to sister, or just remarking he has them?

Don't put all your eggs in one basket... bitches miscarry, have one pup, lots of things.

As for whelping, I thought you said breeding and had to reread. The southern hemisphere is about 6 mos later for estrus. The below paper, I wonder if they followed up to see if basenjis are losing seasonal cycles.

For the most part, estrus occurs within the months of September and October for Basenjis living in the Northern Hemisphere. Breeders have also noticed a second estrus sometimes occurs around March or April. In England many Basenjis have a second estrus (Burns, 1952). This has created some concern that the Basenji is losing its annual cycle since leaving Africa. The tendency for a second annual cycle has existed in Africa and in the Bitches imported from Africa....
    https://www.basenji.org/african/joha0210.htm

Suggested Topics