Skip to content

NJ breeders

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted

Suggested Topics

  • Black Basenji Breeders UK

    Moved Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    K
    Black basenjis are the best.good luck with your search.
  • 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    16k Views
    E
    @zande thank you so much for your help
  • Wanted: Breeders in Japan

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Are you saying he's breeding brother to sister, or just remarking he has them? Don't put all your eggs in one basket... bitches miscarry, have one pup, lots of things. As for whelping, I thought you said breeding and had to reread. The southern hemisphere is about 6 mos later for estrus. The below paper, I wonder if they followed up to see if basenjis are losing seasonal cycles. For the most part, estrus occurs within the months of September and October for Basenjis living in the Northern Hemisphere. Breeders have also noticed a second estrus sometimes occurs around March or April. In England many Basenjis have a second estrus (Burns, 1952). This has created some concern that the Basenji is losing its annual cycle since leaving Africa. The tendency for a second annual cycle has existed in Africa and in the Bitches imported from Africa.... https://www.basenji.org/african/joha0210.htm
  • Looking for Breeder

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    15k Views
    L
    @amys112 Hi! I’m right near them , in Taunton, MA! What’s the best way to reach them? I completed their application online but did not hear back.
  • Earl, my basenji. What is he mixed with?

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    11k Views
    wizardW
    I don't see much basenji in him (the ears don't look right somehow) - chihuahua or dachshund maybe and yeah some kind of terrier. Nice though.
  • Looking for reputable breeder in Ohio

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    18k Views
    nikolitakN
    @DebraDownSouth thank you! I actually found my Leo's breeder and she has another breeder she knows that she is referring me too! I hope it works out!