Skip to content

New Basenji Mom

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • New Basenji Owners

    Member Introductions
    3
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    10k Views
    ZandeZ
    Welcome aboard, but do share his registered name ? Who are Dad and Mom and what was his date of birth so we can be sure to add him to the Basenji pedigree on-line database (with a photo ???) for the world to share him. http://www.pedigrees.zandebasenjis.com/
  • New here and new to Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    10
    6 Votes
    10 Posts
    13k Views
    ZandeZ
    @elbrant That's how all my 8-some learned to catch. If food dropped on the floor - you lost it ! So they all stood on their hind legs and it was like feeding a nest of fledgling sparrows. A gentle toss of the treat and someone caught it !
  • New Basenji Mom

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    8k Views
    N
    @DebraDownSouth She is just the icing on the cake!! When Deb gets done holding her, could I hold her for a few minutes too?? Please!!
  • New Basenji

    Member Introductions
    43
    0 Votes
    43 Posts
    21k Views
    KanangaK
    He's a hungry dog today. Gave him 1/2 cup in the morning and just a few minutes ago. He had no problem eating. I'm much more happy that he's eating now. He likes his bone as well. Not too much into the Kong yet. I just wish he didn't cry in his crate when I put him in there. Feel bad for him but I know it just takes adjusting. He is perfectly fine when I return home after he's been in there awhile. It's just the initial time. To be honest though, this transition went far better than I expected. I was prepared for the worst. This little guy has done very well.
  • Hello to All - New Basenji Mom needs help!

    Member Introductions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    luzmery928L
    Although I have no words of advise I do want to commend you for trying your best to give Maddy Keller a chance to have a home. I wish you the best of luck in finding her a new home.
  • New to the Basenji forum

    Member Introductions
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    14k Views
    Roseys_MomR
    Welcome! I'm new here, too, but I'm on the West Coast!