Skip to content

Basenjis - Animated - on COSMOS

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Basenji or...not?

    Basenji Talk
    26
    1 Votes
    26 Posts
    26k Views
    HeidiAceH
    @debradownsouth Thanks you so much. We'll give it a try.
  • A basenji

    Basenji Talk
    19
    0 Votes
    19 Posts
    21k Views
    Chealsie508C
    There's nothing like a basenji in the works, from the way they instinctively lay with their had on the bum looking the other way ( I've never met a B that doesn't) to the way you KNOW they all rub on wet towels or play bow…it's all very endearing and in this breed you often identify traits that they all have, an insight into their genetics and their behaviors. I've never enjoyed a breed so much.
  • Basenji Song-Moon Over Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Oh Barklessdog, you are a brave person. I must now stand with you in insane-solidarity and admit I bought it too. It is awful but when you get the line "we couldn't say goodbye so we took him home" part, you know you got to help support the woman. lol
  • The Power of Animals - basenji reference

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    thunderbird8588T
    It's a coincidence that you should mention this Crystal. Yesterday i was writing to a young child who lives in Northern Malawi and was unsure whether to mention our Basenji. When corresponding you are asked to be careful about mentioning certain subjects in case you cause offence. However when i emailed for advice i have been told it will be ok to mention Malaika.
  • Animal Hero is a basenji

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    bellabasenjiB
    I didn't know you could get email reminders, I am going to do that as soon as I get off of the Forums!!!
  • Is this a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    26k Views
    DukeD
    @phoenix3: Looks like a B to me but i think more of a B mix he looks like he has corse hair Maybe be has the size of a cattledog body and a basenji head :) My Aspen is a cattledog/ terrier mix he has the body of a cattledog {the colors} and the height and face of a terrier heres a pic so u can see the colors of the cattledog well one color anyways :D :D phoenix3 - this is Aspen? I'm so amazed at her spots, because my Daisy has spots like Aspens. We know her mother is pure R/W Basenji and she is thought her other half Beagle. One of her other litter mate moms thought Blue Healer (cattledog). But I subscribed to the Beagle. Daisy could be … Cattle Dog I suppose. She's bigger than Duke now at almost 9 months old. I will show her off soon on "Show Off" forum soon.