• Do the Charlie Brown comment about Beagles - "Oh, they're a dime a dozen!" 😉

• And the last two posts confirm my opinion about overdoing the socialization. It's a conundrum. Do you want strangers to be able to catch your dog if he gets loose? Do you want your dog to think that thieves are his friend? One thing I like about having a dog that is a bit stand offish is that he is unlikely to be stolen. Of course, all bets are off if the thief has a nice, juicy steak! 😉

Chealsie508, yes, Oakley read your feelings well. When you got concerned, so did he. And he would try to protect you, I have no doubt. Unfortunately, that could end badly for him. Small dogs don't do well against determined aggressors. But you are using your street smarts, so hopefully all will be well.

• Well, I guess I Tempted Fate with this post, and Fate responded! I was mugged tonight. In broad daylight. On my steps. Butu and I are okay. He was no help. I have lost some precious photos of him, though. If anyone sees any photos of a B. on a surfboard, please let me know!

• QuizBasenji, very sorry to hear this, how awful. I'm glad you are both ok. There are some scumbags around, i hope Karma deals with them.

• You still have those images in your mind, and you are both safe, but how awful to be mugged right on your steps!

• First Basenji's

That sucks a lot!! Glad you and Butu are okay though.
    Hopefully the mugger just pocketed the cash/cards and ditched the wallet (?) with photos all accounted for.

• sorry to hear about being mugged but very very glad you are okay.

• Terrible thing to not be able to feel safe in your own home. Very glad you and Butu are okay. "Things" are replaceable, even pictures stay in our memories - he could have hurt either of you, or taken Butu. I agree with Thunderbird - hopefully Karma will step in to teach a huge lesson to the mugger.

• So sorry! Quiz. But as others have said, Thankfully You and Butu are still happy, healthy, and among us. And Chelsie508, awesome with your B! When I got my first guy, I also lived in a 'not so great' area but never had an issue ' cause I'm kinda a big girl ( 5'8") and walk with some confidence while walking with my dog. I was approached several times but mostly by folks having curiosity about my B. I was approached once by a kinda scary looking young man with a doberman on a leash once. Turned out he lived on the other side of the complex I lived in and was was just happy to find another person with a unusual dog. We ended up meeting and talking quite a bit over the years. My B was quite pensive at first, but because of the other dog, not the human. The dogs actually became friends, played together while I chatted with that same, scary at first, young man. "Can't judge a book by it's cover", Lesson learned! 🙂

• heck no, congo would probably just cry and run in circles. however, i don't ever worry because he looks like he could probably do some damage. now if they almost stepped on congo, he would scream and scare them lol

Suggested Topics