• This is SOOOO freaking awesome that I wanted to share with all of you.

[yt]TQEbHIjqOkw[/yt]

YaHoo to Pam Hamilton. Great job!:D

BRAT you are awesome.

Jo

• First Basenji's

Thanks for posting this.

Agreed, BRAT is amazing. Proud to call myself a volunteer, though I do maybe 1/100000th the amount of work that folks like Pam, fosters, coordinators, etc. do.

I also really like how BRAT is recognizing a local shelter for their cooperation and the services they provide. The work can be done together, and the best shelters and rescues are constantly raising the bar higher.

EDIT: And now I know how to pronounce Wimauma.

• This made me teary. I love Basenji people!!! Pam is an amazing woman to which we were all grateful.

• Jo, thank you so much for the link to the story. How wonderful to find that only 5 dogs from the Wimauma pack are all that is left from the entire 53 dogs.

I love what one of the gentlemen in the video said "… we are no longer a county but are a community". This is what happens when people pull together and work selflessly.

Big kudos to all those who lovingly helped out the Wimauma pack.

• @kipawa:

jo, thank you so much for the link to the story. How wonderful to find that only 5 dogs from the wimauma pack are all that is left from the entire 53 dogs.

I love what one of the gentlemen in the video said "… We are no longer a county but are a community". This is what happens when people pull together and work selflessly.

Big kudos to all those who lovingly helped out the wimauma pack.

Indeed!

They are such an example for us all.

• BRAT and the folks who helped these b's in need, DID good! Yea!!!

• That was a very nice video. Mike Merrill is our new county administrator and he has a basenji (or maybe b-mix). Sadly, the head of animal services recently resigned, I hope they get someone else as creative to run the place (on limited money). They utilize tons of regular volunteers to walk and play with the adoptable animals as well as the animals confiscated (not 'bite dogs'), they even have a couple of little mini-dog parks. They have to euthanize a lot of dogs, but they do the best they can. They have called 'breed rescue' groups for at least 20 years that I know of when they have a purebred dog, unlike many other animal control facilities that do not work with rescue.
    At any rate, Pam did a great job and represented BRAT very well, Kudos to her!

• Thanks for posting. I thought I did but guess I only did on Facebook. Pam is amazing. And Debbi J coordinating all those dogs, screening and finding such wonderful homes, all the foster homes and helpers who came in for Pam… well, those of us with the Wimauma dogs truly are blessed to have them.

The sad part, of course, are shelters that take the dogs, often they put down the adults as not worth while, won't relinquish to BRAT, just makes money off adopting the babies. This shelter did right, letting BRAT in to help even before they legally had ownership, so they could begin rehab. Her videos on the progression http://www.youtube.com/user/flbasenji of these dogs are wonderful.

• Very cool! Thanks for posting that!:)

Suggested Topics