• Hi DebraDownSouth,
    I am registered with BRAT and have visited the Wimauma Basenjis. Attempted to adopt one but a couple of delays due to events there and notification of intestinal problems the day before the adoption forced us to look elsewhere. Thank you for the suggestion.

• Hi Tanza,
    I have emailed Sherwood Basenjis about Jozie and am waiting for a reply.

• Hi Fran and Sharron,
    We had a Basenji when we got the cat as a kitten 17 years ago. Since that time the cat has lived with as many as four Basenjis at one time. He hides when more than one is around and plays when only one is with him. We would not allow a new Basenji to be with the cat until we are sure she would be okay and properly introduced.

• There are other adults than the Wimauma ones with Brat. I had forgotten about Jozie. Somehow I was thinking she was placed.

• I am aware of a new posting in California, anew posting in Indiana (Both are very interesting) and older postings in Tennessee, SC, and Illinois, but nothing in Florida or Georgia. Since I would like for my male to meet the female so that I can observe the interaction between the two, many of these states are a little too far for a simple overnight trip from Florida.

Are you aware of any additional female basenjis with BRAT? I was told by BRAT there were others that are not listed on their website when I signed up with them; however, since I signed up, I have not been made aware of any that are not listed. I would appreciate any information available that is not on the BRAT website, including a little info on Basenji Underground and the process for using it.

• Thank you for suggestion Jozie, Pat. I have responded to jdurden and am hoping we can open up a dialog. 🙂

• You may want to write Brat and tell them you are still interested and ask what dogs are available now or coming up. There are always new ones. The big issue is, as always, an adult used to cats. Robyn's is not a common situation so I hope things go well there. If not, let Brat know.

• Thank you Debra. I have communicated witth Pam Hamilton that I am still looking and requested any additonal or new info on availability. I have received an email from Robyn and have answered it. All of the kind help is vastly appreciiated.

• @YodelDogs:

Thank you for suggestion Jozie, Pat. I have responded to jdurden and am hoping we can open up a dialog. 🙂

Glad to do so… and hope that this might a good fit for all.....

• Good news…..Robyn and I have had a very nice conversation about Jozie and have come to an agreement to place her in our home. We will take Moxie to visit Jozie this weekend for a meeting and after neutering (both will be neutered, Jozie in the Atlanta and Moxie in Melbourne) and a healing interval, Jozie will move to Florida. Thanks to all for your kind and considerate comments and advice in this matter. Jozie will require a delicate adjustment to her new home and I look forward to working with her and earning her trust.

• @jdurden:

Good news…..Robyn and I have had a very nice conversation about Jozie and have come to an agreement to place her in our home. We will take Moxie to visit Jozie this weekend for a meeting and after neutering (both will be neutered, Jozie in the Atlanta are an Moxie in Melbourne) and a healing interval, Jozie will move to Florida. Thanks to all for your kind and considerate comments and advice in this matter. Jozie will require a delicate adjustment to her new home and I look forward to working with her and earning her trust.

WooHOO… that is great news. Sounds to me like it will all work out, but sending positive vibes for a good first meeting.

• Do let us know how it goes please.

• Yay!!! I hope everything works out! I can't wait to hear how it goes 🙂

• Houston

Yes, that is wonderful news…keeping my fingers crossed all goes well...please keep us posted

• Huzzah!!!! Brilliant news. Congrats

• well wishes on a smooth trasition for everyone! best of luck

• This is great news for all!!!

• First Basenji's

It's wonderful when forum members can help each other out. I wish Jozie the smoothest transition into what is obviously a basenji-savvy home.

• 🙂 That is terrific. Robyn is a wonderful person and a wonderful breeder. I just wish she lived closer! We have two of her dogs, including Jozie's brother, Jayden. We got Cory (from a different litter) from her and then went back for Jayden. The first two weeks were horrific and they just want to fight. The only place they would get along was outside. (Thank goodness it was warm!) Inside, we had to keep the dogs leashed so they wouldn't try to kill each other. We decided to return Jayden after two awful weeks but my husband's work schedule wouldn't allow the trip back to Atlanta for another week. That was a blessing because the dogs drew up a truce during that 3rd week. We looked out the window one day and Cory had her head resting on Jayden's rump. It got smoother and smoother from that point on! Now they can't bear to be apart. So be patient and give it a good chance. You will love knowing Robyn!!

Pat

• Thanks for the input Pat. We are looking forward to meeting Robyn and her Basenjis this week-end at her place. We had a nice long conversation this morning and I believe you are correct about her. Her Basenjis are certainly beautiful. I haven't seen their personality, but from her photos, they are typical Basenjis, little devils one minute and little darlings the next.

Jerry

Suggested Topics