• First Basenji's

Hi there, I'm new here πŸ™‚
    We expect our first Basenji female puppy in 3 weeks from now. We bought her from kennel in Austria.
    Basenjis are very rare here in Croatia (Europe) so I'm kind of lonely here. I've tried everything to find someone with Basenji but had no luck. So, here I am, with you guys πŸ˜ƒ

We fell in love in one Basenji that lived close to my home at my parents. I've always wanted a Basenji and now finally I can have it. This Basenji has passed away last year at the age of 10 so officially I don't know anyone here in Zagreb or in Croatia who has one.
    I have two girls (8 and 6 years old) so I hope I would have a good pack at home :rolleyes:

Also, me and my husband decided to try and change situation here in Croatia and start a web page to introduce Basenjis with people here and we will get a male puppy soon and give it a try in breeding πŸ˜‰

So, for know I just can wait to have our Asali (Zara) finally at home!

• Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing puppy pix:)

Kirsten

• Glad you found us..can't wait to see some photos.
    Who are the sire/dam of your pup?
    We have a lot of responsible breeders here, so your going to be able to learn a lot.

• Welcome! I think it is great that you are setting up a web page to help become an ambassador of the basenji breed.

There are many people here with incredible knowledge about the breed. Absorb it all. Healthy and happy puppies is what it's all about!

• First Basenji's

Banjoko African Destiny (father) and Mutabaruga?s Irie Records (mother)
    Kennel Olabisi-Chinue http://www.olabisi-chinue.net/

There is an photo album on my account that I created today πŸ˜ƒ

I'm so happy!!

• Is that the puppy you are getting (your avatar picture)? She is beyond cute! And I so sympathize with your emotions as you wait to bring her home. I think when I waited for Kipawa I was like a tightly stretched rubber band, or a balloon with too much helium in it. πŸ™‚

• What a sweet baby…. congrats!!!!

• First Basenji's

Thank you all!! You are such a sweethearts πŸ™‚
    Yes, she IS my avatar πŸ™‚
    You are so right, my days are soooo long 😞
    First we waited for puppies to be born and didn't know exactly are we going to get a girl like we imagine AND then, when she was born she was exactly what we wanted πŸ˜ƒ with white stripe on her forehead πŸ˜ƒ Amazing!!
    Then, we had to wait to go and see her at the kennel πŸ˜‰ …it's was so hard to leave her there afterwards and go home with empty hands. Because we are far from each other the pictures and some video are all I have; I go thru her pictures daily
    ...you can call me crazy πŸ˜ƒ
    It's like a waiting for third child, and even harder (because I already have kids :D:D:D)

Sorry if my english is bad...;)

• @Nikol:

Thank you all!! You are such a sweethearts πŸ™‚
    Yes, she IS my avatar πŸ™‚
    You are so right, my days are soooo long 😞
    First we waited for puppies to be born and didn't know exactly are we going to get a girl like we imagine AND then, when she was born she was exactly what we wanted πŸ˜ƒ with white stripe on her forehead πŸ˜ƒ Amazing!!
    Then, we had to wait to go and see her at the kennel πŸ˜‰ …it's was so hard to leave her there afterwards and go home with empty hands. Because we are far from each other the pictures and some video are all I have; I go thru her pictures daily
    ...you can call me crazy πŸ˜ƒ
    It's like a waiting for third child, and even harder (because I already have kids :D:D:D)

Sorry if my english is bad...;)

Your English is great. My Croatian is horrible! πŸ˜‰

Don't feel crazy about looking at her pictures daily. I was on the FoPaws website at least once a day looking at pictures of Kipawa. Make sure to take lots of pictures when you get her, because they grow so quickly! I can already look back at pictures and see such a huge difference.

• Welcome to the forum once again Nikolina, nice to have you here :D.
    Looking forward to see more cute pics of Asali!

• Hi & welcome Nikol!

I agree, basenjis are rare here (Croatia, Slovenia etc), but we do have them, and we even have few kennels and planned litters (just not for this year). πŸ˜‰

I hope that we'll meet one day, we are not so far away from each other πŸ˜‰

(just short welcome greeting in Croatian πŸ˜ƒ - dobrodosla i pozdrav od Rijecanke koja zivi u Ljubljani i od njezine basenjike)

• Houston

Hi there and welcome..sounds like you are over teh moon with excitement…good, makes it even more so special. Can't wait to hear that you have her home...

• First Basenji's

@Tiva:

(just short welcome greeting in Croatian πŸ˜ƒ - dobrodosla i pozdrav od Rijecanke koja zivi u Ljubljani i od njezine basenjike)

Just short welcome back in Croatian πŸ˜ƒ - Hvala!! Ajme kako je lijepo s nekim na hrvatskom pisati o Basenjiju, a da nije sa mnom u rodu :D:D:D Ako zelis rado bi da ostanemo u kontaktu pa da dogovorimo koju setnjicu sa Basenjijima?! Ljubljana je jako blizu πŸ™‚

…it wasn't short after all πŸ˜‰

I'm so glad that there is someone near Croatia with Basenjis. I was in contact with Tisa that has Loa http://www.anansi-loa.com/ I suppose you know her? πŸ™‚

I really hope that we will meet soon. I really would like to talk and change experience with Basenji owners not only thru internet πŸ˜‰
    Tiva, do you go to dog shows? OOO, I'm so happy you are near! If you want we can change e-mails?

Yesterday I called my contact with breeder (he don't speak English so we have someone who translates :)) to ask her to find out when can I come for Asali. So, I'm waiting to know exactly when 😞

At what age did you get your Basenjis? Is it at 8 weeks or do I need to wait till 9 weeks? What depends on when can we pick her up?

• hello - firstly congratulations with your new basenji - there are actually basenji owners and breeders in Croatia - look at this website www.fallohide.dk/basenjis_in_coratia.htm
    for more information - mind you it has been 3 years since the last litter was born in Croatia - look forward to photos of your new basenji - regards, Pia

• and the link should read www.fallohide.dk/basenjis_in_croatia.htm

• you have imported Olabishi-Chinue Asali from Austria ?- Actually the sire to this female is
    Banjoko African Destiny, who was bred in Croatia and exported to Austria - and now his daughter returns to the native land ! πŸ™‚

• First Basenji's

Hi PiaMerete, yes πŸ™‚ I know all this πŸ™‚

Unfortunately, AFRICAN DESTINY doesn't exist anymore. I'm planning to go to Croatian Kennel Club soon to find out more…but I'm pretty sure there isn't any active breeder in the recent years. I've try to contact every breeder on this list before and give up 😞
    But never mind anymore. We will register ourselfs as a Basenji breeder πŸ˜‰

Of course I know that Banjoko is form Croatia πŸ˜ƒ I'm so happy because of the fact that Asali will return to the native land πŸ˜‰

• ok - if you get any news will you let me know ? Good luck with your new basenji girl

• First Basenji's

Hi again, today I received a few new photos I would like to share πŸ˜‰

I'm in love!!

If vet examination and vaccination would be finished till 25th of February we will have her on February 26th :D:D:D
    I so hope that we will. It is hard to wait!

I don't know how to insert picture into the post so I'll add all in my photo album :rolleyes:

• First Basenji's

Success πŸ˜ƒ

Suggested Topics