• Darrel is in the hospital for a couple of days, not serious, so yesterday Kipawa got lots of games and running around in the house, but it's not a good enough substitution for a nice long walk where the body and the mind tires from seeing so many new things. So today, despite the rain here, we were out at 9 a.m. walking, me in Darrel's old Australian Outback coat (very waterproof) and Kipawa in his new combo fleece/raincoat.

I take Kipawa on different routes so he doesn't get bored. Today we walked for about an hour, but I could sure tell he wasn't a happy camper with the rain wetting his precious little feet. Well, they are all but little, as you will see in the pictures.

I was talking to him as we approached the beginning of our cul-de-sac on the way back. Our parrots have incredible hearing, and they started screeching. Kipawa's ears perked - he knew he was close to home and started picking up the pace. It reminded of me of when I used to ride and how the horses had to be held back so much when we decided to head back to the barn.

I did not get any pictures today, but here are some from the other day. Today with the rain, it was an "all business" walk, so we had no photo shoots. Check out the big feet, how Kipawa is learning respect for his cat brother Wallace, and the big grin on his Daddy's face. πŸ™‚
    attachment_t_10483_0_009.jpg
    attachment_t_10483_1_kipawa5.jpg
    attachment_t_10483_2_kipawa8.jpg

• I just love checking in for new Kipawa stories!! πŸ˜‰ He's so darn cute πŸ˜ƒ

• he's still so wrinkly! i loooooove it!

• oh cute paws πŸ˜ƒ

• Great story and pictures! He's so big already! πŸ˜ƒ
    We had rain too today. We made one long off leash walk this morning and when we got home Tillo ate and slept.. The entire day πŸ˜ƒ He hates rain.. I had to carry him outside for his two smaller walks πŸ˜‰

• he is just so adorable πŸ™‚

• I want rain to..
    Here it come absout 50 cm snow and is very windy. 😞

• Love the one in your husband's lap, Kipawa looks so content!

• Houston

Great story..well he is a true B, hating rain. I love the picture of him and your husband together, so nice.

• Hope Darrel is home soon.

Very cute pics!

• Beautiful Basenji Feet! Thank you for continuing to post the pictures.

Suggested Topics