• My poor cat, Spooky, is such a long-suffering girl. She really puts up with a lot from the dogs. They are constantly trying to eat her food, get into her littler box (sometimes while she's in it!), chase her around the house, destroy her little felt mice, and just generally make her life less than ideal. She, however, is patient, loving and sweet. She has all of her claws, and rarely uses them on the basenjis, although they definitely would deserve it if she did. She can even be caught cuddling with them when its cold.
    My mom gave me a cat tower for Spooky. Its a couple of feet of the ground, carpeted for use as a scratch pad, with some attached toys and an oval seating area on top. When I first set it up in our Savannah apartment, it was in front of the living room window. Spooky would sit and gaze at the world, and enjoy her tower. It wasn't 2 full weeks before Callie figured out it was a nice size for a basenji, and Spooky graciously shared with her.
    Now, in my Ohio apartment, the tower is set up in front of a bedroom window on the side of the house that the sun hits. So for most of the day, there's a nice sunbeam on the tower. I also have the humidifier set up a couple of feet behind it. I just walked into the bedroom to find Callie AND Lola crammed into the tower, enjoying their own personal spa. Poor Spooky was huddled in a corner of the living room floor.
    Spooky deserves some sort of medal.
    attachment_t_10462_0_callolaspa1.jpg
    attachment_t_10462_1_callolaspa2.jpg
    attachment_t_10462_2_callolaspa3.jpg
    attachment_t_10462_3_callolaspa4.jpg

• Those picture are just great!! 🙂

• And you would expect to find any self respecting Basenji someplace else?… Only the best room in the house will do... and they will find it too!!! Great pictures.

• Love those towers! We have one here in our front window, but Kipawa really hasn't figured it out yet. Maybe 🙂 he is respecting that it belongs to the cats.

Great pictures, and excellent idea about the humidifier, because the air can get super dry in our homes at this time of year.

• LOL it seems obvious to me you need THREE of them to ensure your poor cat gets one.

• Basenji's are like plants- they always find and gravitate towards the sun!

• aww how cute 🙂

• sun and view, what good b folks you are!

• First Basenji's

Haha, I can see them springing up in one graceful leap too, JUST like a cat.
    Poor Spooky…
    Yes, I think a few more cat/Basenji towers around the house are called for...

• @curlytails:

Haha, I can see them springing up in one graceful leap too, JUST like a cat.
    Poor Spooky…
    Yes, I think a few more cat/Basenji towers around the house are called for...

Actually, fortunately for them its right beside the bed, so leap up on the bed & then step onto the tower for them.
    And yes. It is obvious I'm going to have to get another tower. I think if I got another one exactly the same & placed them side by side, perpendicular to the way the current one is arranged, there would be plenty of sun space for everybody. Unfortunately, there aren't any other windows on that side of the house.

• maybe the cat just sees how cute and cozy they look, so she doesn't want to bother them. what a nice kitty….

Suggested Topics