• I am still in the researching / talking about the breed stage (otherwise know as pre-ownership). I would welcome any advice or top '10' tips on things to consider before welcoming the pitter-patter of little feet into my household.

Thanks

K

• Hello and welcome also from Scotland.

There's loads of help and advice to be gained on this forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

Vicki Miller
    Benkura Basenjis

• Hello and welcome from another Scot:D

• The scots are taking over :eek:

Welcome to the forum. Im sure you wont regret adding a basenji to your family, they are a fantastic breed ๐Ÿ™‚

• There are many breeders on this list with what they do re testing of the bitch before they even consider breedingโ€ฆso, look forward to lots of good info.

• Hello,

I'm from Scotland too (Greenock) and have a suspected half Basenji x Collie called Roxy.

One day I will definitely be owned by a full B though, for sure! I am addicted to them now, I love them. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I've found this forum a wealth of information and also meeting the breed and talking with those more experienced in them has helped a lot. Hopefully I'll be as prepared as I can be when mine comes along!

• Welcome to the forum! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Thank you all for the welcome. I shall be attending SKC in Edinburgh and hope to see a few of you there. I do love talking about dogs & shopping for dogs.

Kathryn

• Welcome. Thanks for doing the research first. Here's some tips at BCOA
    http://www.basenji.org/learn/Index.htm Check out the rest of the site as well. It's a great resource.

• @ooflgirl:

Thank you all for the welcome. I shall be attending SKC in Edinburgh and hope to see a few of you there. I do love talking about dogs & shopping for dogs.

Kathryn

You're in good company then, I'm sure! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'll be at SKC at the agility with my other dog, but I'll have Roxy with me and will most likely be around the Basenji ring as well! Hope to see you there.

• @ooflgirl:

Thank you all for the welcome. I shall be attending SKC in Edinburgh and hope to see a few of you there. I do love talking about dogs & shopping for dogs.

Kathryn

Will see you at SKC then:D

• Hi Kathryn, welcome to the forum, i'm sure you will find lots of great info on here as well as friends.

• First Basenji's

I have had my 1st basenji for 4 yrs, and I have had several other breeds of dogs in my life. But I have to truly say that From now on the only breed for me will always be a basenji. My sister in law adopted my Khyroe's sister and she couldn't stop with her , she now has 4 b's. And Abigail was her very 1st dog she has ever owned or been owned by. So I think you will love bringing a basenji into your family. There is never a dull moment in a basenji family. LOL.

• Welcome and hopefully pictures too?

Suggested Topics