Can a Basenji and Cat Get Along? Only When Sleeping

• Here is Chance and Maddox sleeping. This is the ONLY time they get along :p

attachment_t_880_0_chance-and-maddox-1.jpg
    attachment_t_880_1_chance-and-maddox-2.jpg
    attachment_t_880_2_chance-and-maddox-3.jpg

• THAT is truly adorable! I'm sure they'll work it out and be best buds!

• Yeah - looks like they will get along great - soon as they work out the kinks. They look adorable together.

• Vanessa those pictures are SO cute!! Such precious "critters" you have!

• You have to think if a B was going to hang out with another animal…...it would be a cat. They'd have so much in common and lot's to talk about.:D

Very cute pictures Vanessa, glad Chance has a buddy!;)

• Not my jack, MAN if i let him go, i think hes just rEALLY curious, but he'll take chunks of fur out of Jack the Cat, my neighbors cat…sooo sad

• Hello- I'm new to the site 🙂 I have a 6 year old Basenji and 2 ferrets that are all the best of friends. My Basenji is also in love with my cat, when she comes in my Basenji (Pearl) thinks she has to run over to her and try to get her to play with her. The cat hates her most of the time. Pearl is pretty clever at getting attention as well. Sometimes when she isn't getting enough attention she will run to the cat and aggrivate it just enough to get swat at, then come to one of us crying. If we don't pay attention to her still, she will do it again. I have a few audio clips of her, but no video 😞 Maybe some day. I should get a picture of Pearl and the ferrets together. I was told absolutely not to trust her around little critters but she loves them to death. She even goes for walks with them, and will growl at anyone that comes near them. 🙂

• << I was told absolutely not to trust her around little critters but she loves them to death. >>

giggling evily…I *bet she loves them....she doesn't want anybody near them, becuase she is growing them fat and tasty 😉

Just kidding...welcome to the board!

• In any other case, that would be my first impression. However she is extremely protective over these little guys, even cuddles up and sleeps with them. She's also our little tattletale–The ferrets disappear we tell her to go find them. She'll tell us exactly where they are. It's cute.

• giggling evily…I *bet she loves them....she doesn't want anybody near them, becuase she is growing them fat and tasty

ROFL!! 😃 🙂

• Vanessa626, our B and our cat act like they hate each other (cat ambushes the B when rounding corners; B chases cat for playing with toys) but we catch them sleeping together all the time.

It's the whole love/hate relationship. =-)

• It's a constant love/hate relationship between our cat and Basenji. We have had to "modify" our home by installing 4 ft baby gates. Thank god the cat hasn't figured out how to jump over this yet 🙂
    Any time the cat darts through the house I grab him and put him on the other side of the gate for some "time out time" he will sit there and howl.
    I have to admit though…in the beginning I thought this that it wasn't play. They looked like they wanted to do damage to eachother but now I see that it really is play but it does get out of hand. Seperating your house is a really good thing to do.

• Those pictures were very cute. Our one cat, Amber, looks exactly the same. Dash can be too rough with Amber so when she feels overwhelmed she runs into the basement until Dash calms down. But they commonly sleep together. Our other cat, Giz, is older and Dash doesn't bother him at all. I think it is because Giz doesn't run.

Suggested Topics