Skip to content

Hi I'm new here!!!

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • Hi, my names is John and I'm two dog owner.

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    N
    Hi John! My Binti will only consent to have her nails ground and only with treats (she gets one per paw.) She hated it at first but once we had the routine established, she settles right into it. The only thing I would say about using the grinder is keep pausing to feel the claw. I once had a "groomer" who was in a hurry hold the grinder to Binti's claw too long and the friction built up heat which burned her enough to make her yip. We started doing it at home after that.[image: 1609703338260-1binti-orchids1.jpg]
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    10k Views
    No one has replied
  • Hi - I'm not sure I qualify for membership

    Member Introductions
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views
    S
    Thanks for your warm welcome! I'll ask my daughter to take some digital pics of our Sheba to post! We'll try to get some good forehead wrinkles – when she's got those terrific ears up and forward! Her tail's straight and droopy, though -- that's where the "mix" really shows! So far -- she sometimes reminds me very much of a cat (I know far more about kitties than basenjis.) Even the way she bats a tennis ball about -- "soccer-style" -- is quite feline. But she is NOT aloof. She's definitely a people pooch! A snuggler. I am delighted she's joined the family. Will post pics soon, I hope -- Thanks -- Sheba's Mom
  • Hi, I'm thinking about getting a basenji

    Member Introductions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    6k Views
    SunnyS
    Welcome Luckytigger… Happy to have you here
  • Barrooo I'm new to this forum

    Member Introductions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    T
    Hi Amber, welcome to the Forums! Lots of fun Basenji talk here, I think you'll enjoy it. Give Morpheus a hug, oh, ok, Shai can have one too. Tex sends his brother a big Barroo! Terry
  • Hi…I'm new!

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    8k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Hi and welcome! When you let her out, I hope you are out also. Sadly, underground fencing is very dangerous… call the closest 10 shelters to find how many dogs they pick up with collars. They get excited, run through it, then can't come back. Also, while it might normally keep your dog in, it won't keep others OUT. But with supervision, they are GREAT so that they get freedom but you are there if a problem arises.