• Hi all! I'm Sarah and I live in Lincoln, NE with my 4 year old basenji, Cleo. I've had Cleo since she was a puppy, which I remember to be a very stressful time - I'm sure many of you can understand that! Now that she is all grown up, I couldn't ask for a better dog! Except of course for the occassional mess made of the TP or tissues, but I guess that is to be expected from a basenji 😉

• Welcome, welcome! 🙂

• Hi! Welcome to the Basenji Forum, this is a great place for chatting about our furbabies, and getting information. So, your baby is 4, please tell me that they will stop chewing, and surfing the tables. My Sahara, would be just great if she didn't do this. I love her just the same, but I have lost things I can't get back that she has chewed.

• Welcome to the forum!

• Hi Welcome!!! And hi to Cleo too!!!

• Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to hearing about Cleo.

• @youngandtired:

So, your baby is 4, please tell me that they will stop chewing, and surfing the tables.

Nicky is 9 1/2 and though he chews less than in his younger years he still chews. He also got up on the table 2 weeks ago and shared a box of instant oatmeal packets with everyone. I came home to find instant oatmeal all over the kitchen and living room.

• @youngandtired:

Hi! Welcome to the Basenji Forum, this is a great place for chatting about our furbabies, and getting information. So, your baby is 4, please tell me that they will stop chewing, and surfing the tables. My Sahara, would be just great if she didn't do this. I love her just the same, but I have lost things I can't get back that she has chewed.

My Basenjis right now range in age from 12 1/2 to 15 3/4…. :p They still surf, however they have pretty much stopped chewing... 😃 But that is just cause they are old.... and the teeth are not as great!

Suggested Topics