Last few drops

We were talking about this not too long ago re: whether grape juice in very limited amounts is harmful. I went away reassured it was not.

Besides…how could I deny this guy the pleasure of this:
attachment_t_7659_0_09112202.jpg

You know he's loving that with the head tilted to get every last drop.

Great picture, the eyes say it all!

Houston

jepp, that is grape juice love..awesome picture.

The sheer pleasure on his face is so lovely to see. He's a Grape juice hound 😉

Well, I sure wouldn't give grape juice to Gizmo after what I have read about grapes/raisins to dogs.

But looks like AJ is in heaven! Haha, great picture!

@NerdyDogOwner:

Well, I sure wouldn't give grape juice to Gizmo after what I have read about grapes/raisins to dogs.

But looks like AJ is in heaven! Haha, great picture!

It is a way small enough amount that it will not bother him… I have given mine grapes (one or two) over the years with no problems....

Yeah, but juice is usually (depending on the brand) pretty concentrated. One spoon can equal several grapes.

@tanza:

It is a way small enough amount that it will not bother him… I have given mine grapes (one or two) over the years with no problems....

My Petey has some alcoholic tendencies, and loves, loves, loves red wine, so I will let him get the last few drops out of the glass when I finish. I don't think I would let a Chihuaha do that.
I think I read that the toxic doses were 0.1 oz/kg of raisins, and about 1 grape/kg.

-Nicole

First Basenji's

Too cute! Cody and Moe find empty plastic bottles (soda, juice, tea, whatever) and chew the lids off in order to get the last few drops. Moe used to love it when my brother would set his empty Sun Drop bottles on the table. He would snatch them and hide behind the couch to drink the last little bit. Now they work together to steal bottles.

@nkjvcjs:

My Petey has some alcoholic tendencies, and loves, loves, loves red wine, so I will let him get the last few drops out of the glass when I finish. I don't think I would let a Chihuaha do that.
I think I read that the toxic doses were 0.1 oz/kg of raisins, and about 1 grape/kg.

-Nicole

Gezz..as they say… all in moderation...ggg.. All of mine have been "wine" hounds since birth...gggg.. cover or carry your wine glass or it will be gone...

And just to add, my kids lived to 17yrs 4 months, 16yrs 9 months, 16yrs.. and the youngest will be 15 and still going on December 15th

@NerdyDogOwner:

Well, I sure wouldn't give grape juice to Gizmo after what I have read about grapes/raisins to dogs.

:rolleyes:
Like I said, we already talked about this.

@AJs:

:rolleyes:
Like I said, we already talked about this.

No need to get defensive and roll eyes, that's just rude. You post a picture of your dog drinking grape juice. What did you think we would talk about?
You post a picture of a B jumping after a bird, I am 100% sure the topic would steer towards birds….

Besides "we" didn't include everyone did it? I sure haven't seen that discussion. And if you haven't noticed 99.9% of all topics here tend to go way off track! :p

Here it is…

http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?t=7435

That topic strayed a bit, too…became what oddball things your dog likes. 🙂

Yes zoe is a little boozer you cant leave anything down because she will steal it, wine, beer, irish cream, coffee and tea, doesnt seem to matter. In fact if we are drinking it she will want it. So we all learn to keep our glasses in hand. I wondered if mine was the only one, guess not.

Looks like your connection to Basenji Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.