• I don't know whether anyone else found this and posted it or not, but here it is anyway. 😃

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_9FLcVqcBU

• Abbey can hold a note for a whole minute when she baroos but bark? No, all she can get out is something that sounds like ERP!

• Houston

That was funny.. I looked at it about 30 minutes ago, but got caught up on youtube looking at all things basenji or lure coursing or agility..I got hooked..

• Medjai barks (kinda), but a whole lot better than any other B I've seen.

• Jayden will bark occasionally when he is startled by a stranger. It is usuallly a single bark, a pause, and maybe a second single bark. The funny thing is, he usually does this right after a stranger says they have never heard of a basenji. I reply "It's the barkless dog." And then Jayden immediately barks to make me look stupid. I swear he knows what has been said. I think I've only heard Cory bark once and it was a higher pitched odd little bark.

Pat

• @Basenjimamma:

That was funny.. I looked at it about 30 minutes ago, but got caught up on youtube looking at all things basenji or lure coursing or agility..I got hooked..

Me, too. Rocky sits on my lap and watches youtube.com - my Basenjis stand up, with front paws on my desk, trying to figure out where these Basenjis are! They look behind the screen, under the desk, behind the desk, and barooooo!

• @BasenjiDiva:

Jayden will bark occasionally when he is startled by a stranger. It is usuallly a single bark, a pause, and maybe a second single bark. The funny thing is, he usually does this right after a stranger says they have never heard of a basenji. I reply "It's the barkless dog." And then Jayden immediately barks to make me look stupid. I swear he knows what has been said. I think I've only heard Cory bark once and it was a higher pitched odd little bark.

Pat

This is pretty much how it is here too, only it is not just when strangers come to the door, if Roo is penned up when I come home, he barks like that. He didn't do it when he was puppy, but he didn't baroo then either, so I guess it just took time for him to find his 'voice' (not that he didn't scream and carry on when he was upset, and he's always had the cat noise/yawning thing.

Miranda

• Houston

Ok, so surfing the youtube last night made us find this gem..I laughed so hard I almost wet myself…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfBDuN_1aDg

If you don't laugh at this..I am so sorry I wasted your time…

• That was cute. I like the "bleeccchhh" sound at the end of the R&W's baroo. The Black one looks embarressed that he let out a bark. Sort of a "I hate it when that happens!" look! I wish I could catch Cory's swearing on video. It isn't a bark and it isn't a whine. I swear she is muttering and cursing.

Pat

• Very funny Basenjimamma - also other cute basenji videos on there…

• Houston

I know I love watching all those videos of beautiful basenjis and their barooing and coursing and what not..but this one just cracks us all up in our house..the kids laughed so hard I though we might have to give them oxygen…

Suggested Topics