• All 3 of mine bark. My puppy does so very seldomly…one short bark. Brando barks daily. Usually he starts his dinner song with at least one or 2 short barks. Ruby only barks if she is startled - short single bark.

• Its funny when my girl barks at my boy…its totally stops him from whatever he is doing that is bothering her.
    He looks SHOCKED!

• I forgot I had a video of this. The first noise is high pitch version of Zoni's bark from when something (not sure what) was scaring the heck out of her. The second noise is some kind of bark/baroo/scream combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYA5CXCZSNw

• @Nemo:

I forgot I had a video of this. The first noise is high pitch version of Zoni's bark from when something (not sure what) was scaring the heck out of her. The second noise is some kind of bark/baroo/scream combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYA5CXCZSNw

Very good looking dog there! Odd sounding bark - the other noises? Wierd but verrrry interesting. thanks for sharing.

• Great video…HAHAHAHA...that's what we refer to as the high octave bark morphed at the end to an almost scream-but-too-afraid-to stand-your-ground-thank-god-she-didn't-piddle noise:D

• @snorky998:

Great video…HAHAHAHA...that's what we refer to as the high octave bark morphed at the end to an almost scream-but-too-afraid-to stand-your-ground-thank-god-she-didn't-piddle noise:D

LOL..that's a good description. That was one of her more freaked-out barks and little different than normal…more high octave and frantic. Still don't know what she was scared of.

• @Nemo:

LOL.. Still don't know what she was scared of.

I wonder sometimes if they "see" things in their imagination and get freaked out by them. Even when we're walking, suddenly Shaye will stop dead, stare at nothing I can see, and refuse to go toward it - especially at night. She's always been a little nervous about the dark outside, but sometimes it's like monsters are everywhere to see her little face!:D So far she hasn't started barking out there, but I can see it coming.

• To get back to the original problem - perhaps you need to work with her to self-calm. Everytime she acts calmly (even if simply laying down) give her a treat, eventually this will work at the door as well, but it takes time and effort.

• @Shaye's:

I wonder sometimes if they "see" things in their imagination and get freaked out by them. Even when we're walking, suddenly Shaye will stop dead, stare at nothing I can see, and refuse to go toward it - especially at night. She's always been a little nervous about the dark outside, but sometimes it's like monsters are everywhere to see her little face!:D So far she hasn't started barking out there, but I can see it coming.

Hah, glad I'm not the only one.

• Gossy does this too - we'll be walking and suddenly the "breaks are smoking" and she insists on turning around and going back. 😃

Suggested Topics