• Hope everything works out well for you and Aries

• Please keep us posted on how things are going. My mom and I volunteered to help with transporting Aries. If you need our help just ask.

• This has been a long journey.

We have Aries booked on a Pet Airways flight for December 26th.

We will be doing a trial with her here to see how she fits with our family, and will adopt her if she fits in. I am sure she is going to fit in.

I can't wait! The flight gets in at 11:30 pm, and my Mom is coming with us to pick her up because she wants to meet her new grand-dog.

I told Linda that if she is settling in here well enough, I want to take her with me to CO for the national, just for company since I was so sad not having a dog with me at this year's national, and Linda suggested I enter her in Veterans! She said if I wasn't comfortable in the ring, she would be willing to handle her. That is so exciting for me!

-Nicole

• @nkjvcjs:

This has been a long journey.

We will be doing a trial with her here to see how she fits with our family, and will adopt her if she fits in. I am sure she is going to fit in.

I can't wait! The flight gets in at 11:30 pm, and my Mom is coming with us to pick her up because she wants to meet her new grand-dog.

I told Linda that if she is settling in here well enough, I want to take her with me to CO for the national, just for company since I was so sad not having a dog with me at this year's national, and Linda suggested I enter her in Veterans! She said if I wasn't comfortable in the ring, she would be willing to handle her. That is so exciting for me!

-Nicole

How exciting for you and for Aries too… hope that it is a match made in heaven!!!

• Houston

Nicole, I am so happy to read that things are moving along with her..can't wait to hear all about it..please keep us posted.. you are both very lucky..

• Great news Nicole,
    hope Aries settles well into your family

• Oh, show in vets. i'm thinking i'll enter the boyz.

see you there! i just know Aries will love being at you home and fit right in.

• So happy for the both of you and I know this will be great for all of you. Keep us up to date please.

Rita Jean

• @nkjvcjs:

This has been a long journey.

-Nicole

So cool! I guess I'll have to wait to the snow thaws to meet her. And you can do sweepstakes at the GCBC and BCOSW specialies to warm you up for Nationals! 😉 I'm sure you can handle it. Aries will probably do all the work for you. :rolleyes:

• @Quercus:

I wasn't actually referring to dogs that are affected, but indentified as carriers. I was remember a discussion that occurred very early on in the testing, that some carriers may have some 'bleed thru' of the 'guilty' gene, and spill sugar very late in life. And Dr. Johnson wasn't sure if it was due to regular old age kidney changes, or some sort of genetic explanation. It is very possible that that is very old information, and no longer accurate…but it wasn't the case of inaccurate testing at all.

Good information about testing carriers monthly, though. I didn't realize that, and I haven't been doing it...guess I need to start again..

I have never heard of anyone talking about "bleed thru" or what that is supposed to me.
    A dog cannot spill sugar [as in fanconi] without having two mutant genes. Which would then mean that the dog is affected.

And to make sure it is understood, the two girls that were actually affected did NOT have inaccurate testing. Nothing happened at the lab or at home.
    The dogs DNA actually shows that they are carriers.
    Remember this is the linkage test, and not a direct test.

With the recent equipment purchase and plan of some more testing, they wre able to narrow the 'possble' genes down to 1/3 of what they were planning to look at…so hopefully more info is forthcoming soon.

It is good to know this girl will be getting a great home!
    Good luck with her!

Suggested Topics