• Today we went to the Dutch Basenji Speciality. It was Lycia's first show and her first chance to try out coursing. Both the pups did good in their class: They both became second with an Excellent, under a judge who wasn't scared to give VG's, so we were proud.

Here are the judge reports:

Tillo:
    Nice head and expression. Well set ears. Good reach of neck. Chest needs to come deeper. Nice topline. Good hind quarters. Good enough angulation. Needs to settle on the move.

Lycia:
    Nice head and expression. Good reach of neck. Nice straight front. Nice top line. Good reach. Nice angulations. Moving a bit loose in front.

Tillo also took "Best Head" in Sweepstakes, so that was great too! πŸ™‚

Of course the pups did even better on the coursing field!! πŸ˜ƒ They ran two courses alone and one together.

Here some (A LOT of) pics (I haven't got any pics of Tillo in the ring.. But Walter took some.. Walter..? ;))

Tillo before his first course

And.. GO!

This is what you do when you have grass between your teeth πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ (Best head huh?! :rolleyes: ;))

Lycia before her first course.. Me telling her what she has to do πŸ˜ƒ

Lycia got it πŸ™‚

Lycia's first time in the ring.. (and her first time with a show lead.. her first time on the table..etc.) she made me work big time! πŸ˜ƒ But she did so so good!

Proud temporary-mommy

Isn't she pretty?

Yeay, second!! πŸ˜ƒ

Back to the coursing field πŸ˜ƒ

Tillo's second course

Speed devil πŸ†’

I'VE GOT IT…..!!

And I'm NOT LETTING GOoooo…

Hah! I still have it πŸ˜ƒ

Can I take it home with me?!

Lycia before her second course

Final course together

Lycia took a short cut and there she was again πŸ˜ƒ

We've got it Tillo, we've got it!!

Handsome Bendji was there as well!

Back at home we took a pic of the pups and there cups. They both won the same, but Lycia's is bigger.. πŸ˜ƒ

Sorry for all the pics.. Just couldn't choose..

• Glad you posted them all as they're all really good shots. I like the last pic of them with their trophys. Looks like Lycia is having a great experience while mom is away.

• Do not be sorry about all pictures they are great. I enjoyed looking at all of of them. Last one was good but I really like the one were I got it. Very beautiful both of them and when they run I love it.

Rita Jean

• Houston

Janneke, plesae don't apologize for all the pics, I think I can speak for all of us when I saw…we love'em, keep them coming.

I am so happy for Tillo and Lycia..I bet you and Lauren are so proud.. Has she shown Lycia in the past?

• I loved every picture, sounds like a great day. My favorite pic is the "Yeay, second!!" From the lighting, it almost looks like a beam of sunshine or a spotlight is highlighting both of you for her placement. Congrats!

• Thanks all for the nice comments πŸ™‚

@nobarkus: I hope Lycia is enjoying her time with us. She looks happy, so I think she does like it here. Especially Tillo's presens πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

@Rita Jean: thank you. I'm always a bit worried if I don't post too much :rolleyes: The 'I've got it' pic shows exactly how crazy Tillo is about the lure.

@B-mamma: I'm very proud and I'm sure Lauren will be even more proud πŸ™‚ And no, Lycia wasn't shown in the past. This was really her first time.

@Nemo: I think it actually was a beam of sunshine. The sun had good timing πŸ˜‰

• Congrats for the show results and Hey, they're really having fun at the coursing fields!
    Great shots and they will never be too many!

Regards,
    Esther

• Wow! Such great pictures of your lovely dogs. Thanks for those. My guys have their own informal courses out in our big meadow chasing birds. πŸ˜‰ Yours look like they love it. What fun.

• Well, I am super super proud πŸ™‚ Janneke is awesome!!

• Brilliant just brilliant, i love the pic of Tillo when he's got it! and the one were the two have their trophies, they both look so proud.

• @Schouiffy:

Well, I am super super proud πŸ™‚ Janneke is awesome!!

You should be proud!!! πŸ˜ƒ

• Congrats!!!

I totally forgot the clubmatch was last weekend!!! (ooops)
    We wanted to come and meet you all, and to do some coursing of course πŸ˜ƒ

Do you knowthe other results?? I like to know them πŸ˜ƒ

• @Buana:

Congrats!!!

I totally forgot the clubmatch was last weekend!!! (ooops)
    We wanted to come and meet you all, and to do some coursing of course πŸ˜ƒ

Do you knowthe other results?? I like to know them πŸ˜ƒ

Well.. I saw Buana and Chafuko in the catalogue πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ I think Marco put them in. πŸ˜ƒ
    The coursing was great fun! I hope they will organize a new event soon! πŸ™‚

About the results. I'm at the Uni now, but I can tell you that Best Bitch and BOB was Eldorado's Zari by Saqqara. Best male and BOS was Chandu. Rec Best Bitch the brindle girl from Dares Salaam and Rec Best male Eldorado's Keep of the Flame from Tillo's class.

• Here some pics of handsome Tillo! Thank you Walter!

Tillo and Keep (Eldorado's Keep of the Flame)

Moving

On the table. I think he looks stunning! πŸ™‚

On the move again

Keep 1st, Tillo 2nd

Best Male and BOS Chandu in the back πŸ™‚

• Great pics Janneke!

Thanks for the results! Soo nice for Chandu πŸ˜ƒ (did they bring their little girl??)

We were in the catalogue? okay… We didn't enter by ourselfse :S

• @Buana:

Great pics Janneke!

Thanks for the results! Soo nice for Chandu πŸ˜ƒ (did they bring their little girl??)

We were in the catalogue? okay… We didn't enter by ourselfse :S

Thank you! πŸ™‚

It was great for Chandu and Hamito and yes, Bia was there as well!! Soooo tiny and cute!! Lycia didn't know if she liked her half sister though.. :rolleyes:

Bu and Chaf weren't in the catalogue with their names.. Only pictures πŸ™‚ It looked really nice πŸ™‚

• Great pictures of two lovely dogs enjoying them selves. Keep them coming!

• @Janneke:

Thank you! πŸ™‚

It was great for Chandu and Hamito and yes, Bia was there as well!! Soooo tiny and cute!! Lycia didn't know if she liked her half sister though.. :rolleyes:

Bu and Chaf weren't in the catalogue with their names.. Only pictures πŸ™‚ It looked really nice πŸ™‚

OOOOW We were thinking soooo hard Why and Who entered our boys….

Can you make a copy? πŸ˜ƒ (or just tell me wich picture hahaha)

• Fabulous photos! Thanks for sharing them. I especially love the pics of Tillo snatching the lure at the end.

πŸ˜ƒ

• I love your pictures! Such wonderful animals; their grace is so beautiful! You must be so proud, and the dogs are having so much fun!

Suggested Topics