Comfy nets and a short beach trip

• First Basenji's

With the tropical storm heading in our direction (but will hopefully miss us), my dad has pulled his boats out of the water and brought in all of his nets just in case the surf gets rough. Cody has discovered how comfortable the nets are, and exactly why Moe loves them so much (Later he learned that stinky, fishy smelling dogs get extra long baths). This evening when it cooled off, we also took a short trip to the beach. He seems to like it better now that most of the vacationers have left for the season and there aren't a lot of people on the beach.
    attachment_t_6960_0_net-1.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_1_net2.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_2_net3.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_3_beach1.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_4_beach3.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_5_beach4.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_6_beach5.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_7_beach6.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_8_beach7.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_9_beach8.jpg
    attachment_t_6960_10_so-sleepy.jpg

• "Hey honey come here, I caught a Basenji fish"!

• Hahahaha. He must have been chasing down a catfish.

• Thats going to be Maverick Soon here in Hawaii!! I cant WAIT to take him to the Beach!! I Hope he LOVES it!!!!!

• Great photo's…

He really enjoyed it!!!

• Houston

great photos. I love the ones with Cody in the nets..and of course the one when he is tuckered out..sleeping B's are good B's

• Very comfy…I'd have never thought! He looks so happy and relaxed...great photos!

• Great pictures and I hope the storm misses all of you be safe. Thanks for sharing.

Rita Jean

• First Basenji's

Thanks everyone! At first I thought Cody would be leery of all the new stuff in "his" yard, but he has been using the boats and nets to play hide and seek, and of course to rest in after he's tired himself out for the moment.

• We were down your way this pass week. We stayed at Ocean Isle Beach. We didn't have our dogs with us b/c the place we stayed didn't allow pets. 😞 I missed my guys so much and kept thinking how much my Cody would love to have a stroll on the beach. If you heard the parasailing accident on the news, We witnessed it. It was so sad. I wondered why they were running parasails that day?

• First Basenji's

I'm sorry you couldn't bring Cody. That's one of the things I don't like about some of our beaches, some of them aren't exactly pet-friendly. I actually live just north of Wilmington, by Topsail Island, and they have strict leash laws on our beaches. It's one of the reasons we can't take Moe, he doesn't walk on a leash (but he also doesn't run off and always stays close to us).

I actually just read about the parasailing accident today. I don't understand why they were running the parasails either with the storm so close. We had rough seas and winds by late Thursday afternoon, so the water sport rental store by us closed for the weekend. It upset some people, but the owners said they'd rather upset a few customers than risk an accident.

• The look we all love! great photos!
    Christiane

Suggested Topics