• Is it that time of year or what? I keep thinking (again) I would like to add another B. (ok I never stopped thinking about it) Zoe is 8 months old and we love her dearly. I think she would love a play mate since kitty dont play. And I have plenty of love to give another B. I have been going over the bratt site daily (who am I kidding several times a day). I have my heart set on a tri (is this horrible wanting a color?) But my first B was a tri and they have a special place in my heart. Even while I look at bratt I wonder should i get another puppy instead. My last dip in the pool turned out not so well but also great in that I have zoe. I have to admit with zoe it was all easy. She is basically a good dog and was very little trouble. She came pretty much potty and crate trained it was more her learning a new home then us having to put in much effort.

Do you think she is still to young to be thinking about another B.
    If I decide puppy this time I want all the advice I can get from everyone so I dont mess up.

I guess I'm asking advice lol and input

• umm. when is it not a good time to get another b?

hehe - ok so there are a few time… but if thats what you decide, I would lean towards adoption of an adult dog who could keep up and enjoy your Zoe, since it seems like you have so much love to give and they are the ones who need it most. The abandoned ones who don't have the cute puppy looks to entice people to take them home.. 😕 .. I also think that people often add puppies to adult dog families, so perhaps the age is not as much of an issue ? maybe one of the members could elaborate on that.

I was on there too, "Djembe" kinda made me think on you 😉 Damn BRAT site is dangerous. 🙂

Perhaps others will disagree ... but hey, if you got the means, the love and the time, I say doooo it.

• You have learned a lot about finding a good breeder from your experience with Zoe and how to look for yourself for health testing…. if you have not been to this link, take a look in how to start looking for a responsible breeder.

http://www.basenji.org/learn/ScreeningBreeders.htm

• I have been looking at him too lol my area my color and he seems sweet and he likes cats too though I can't say my cat will like him. I need to jump in and get my bratt visit done then see what happens. My problem is no fence yet. I know that is a mark against me. It is what keeps me from calling for the visit. We had plans but life happened and no fence again. Zoe seems happy with her daily walks and house play. She doesn't seem to mind being tied outside because we keep her company. I guess when the right time and b happen all will work itself out. But one thing about bratt is my worry about fanconi not sure they are tested. I worry about zoe I dont want that worry with another dog

• Its easy to get your current basenji tested as well as the next one.
    I have to say, we don't often see rescue b's who love cats, but I have one going to be posted in Wa state shortly…the old owner even has several photos of the cat and b sleeping together.
    Re a fence. It can be something some folks find issue with, but if your committed to walking one dog, the second isn't such a big deal.
    Just my thoughts on your getting a second b.

• Go for or it! I'm sure you'll find a nice male for her.

• @Forever:

I have been looking at him too lol my area my color and he seems sweet and he likes cats too though I can't say my cat will like him. I need to jump in and get my bratt visit done then see what happens. My problem is no fence yet. I know that is a mark against me. It is what keeps me from calling for the visit. We had plans but life happened and no fence again. Zoe seems happy with her daily walks and house play. She doesn't seem to mind being tied outside because we keep her company. I guess when the right time and b happen all will work itself out. But one thing about bratt is my worry about fanconi not sure they are tested. I worry about zoe I dont want that worry with another dog

I agree with you… you already know about Zoe... and to adopt another that could be Affected... well, I certainly understand ... and FYI, they are not for the most part DNA tested... it is not something that BRAT requires...

I would suppose that if you were interested in a certain dog that you could make that a condition of adoption, that he/she be tested first.... but I have no idea how BRAT would react to that...

Suggested Topics