Prospective new Basenji parents

• Today we have been to see a breeder who is planning a litter in Autumn and is not too far away from where we live.
    The Dogs have lovely temperaments so fingers crossed that everything goes according to plan.:D

• How exciting! How many you getting?

• πŸ˜ƒ OOhh dont encourage me Dan. Initialy we will get one Pup, hopefully a bitch and then later when she is older we would like to get a young rescue male again.
    I feel out numbered by males in this house and want to buy her girly things and pick a girly name :D:D

• @thunderbird8588:

πŸ˜ƒ OOhh dont encourage me Dan. Initialy we will get one Pup, hopefully a bitch and then later when she is older we would like to get a young rescue male again.
    I feel out numbered by males in this house and want to buy her girly things and pick a girly name :D:D

Oh I see, some things like a pink collar?

• I'll keep my fingers crossed that there is a nice little girl for you:D

• Houston

Oh, how exciting…A girly little puppy...I will keep my fingers crossed you find the perfect little girl..or boy if things go that way.

• Thank you everyone for your comments, hubby isnt to keen on a Pink collar though πŸ™‚

• Ok how about a camo one we have one for Jaycee that is light pink - dark pink and two shades of green it's like camo. Little secret Pink really stands out.
    Good luck with the baby.

Rita Jean

• A camo collar sounds nice Rita Jean πŸ™‚

• There are so many pretty martingale collars and then sweaters, jammies, coats. I only have one girlie girl who loves wearing coats and sweaters but she has a nice little wardrobe. Of course they don't have to be girls to love dressing up, Blaze, one of the boys from this year's litter, loves getting dressed up for going out. Emma makes sure he has a fashionable winter wardrobe.

• How exciting Thunderbird - I hope you get the little girl you are hoping for. πŸ™‚ maybe you can slide the pink by the hubby in the camo. πŸ˜‰

I have to laugh about the girly girl posts - Liyah is such a tomboy but I've had beautiful silk floral martingale collars made to give her just a touch of femininity. Hey, she can't tell. I'm sure she would prefer skull and crossbones.

• Im really pleased for you Shelley, hope you get your girl soon. Will we be able to tempt you out to join us at a few shows?

• How exciting!! Can't wait to see all the puppy pics πŸ˜ƒ

• Thanks everyone for sharing our excitment πŸ˜ƒ
    Scott i dont think we will show, i couldn't stand the pressure, but if its allowed we would like to attend shows as spectators and perhaps bring our baby to meet everyone.
    Re Dog clothes, our last Basenji used to have a wax jacket and a jumper which he enjoyed wearing in cold weather. Trouble was when he had it on it must have done something for our other Dog and he kept trying naughty things, lol.:D

• Shelley,
    That's great news - hope everything goes OK,

Alan

• Great news, I know what it's like waiting! Enjoy the puppy months as much as possible as they grow up so quickly. My little girl is in season now!

Steve πŸ™‚

• Thanks Steve, just a matter of waiting to hear from the breeder now. She will be a great Christmas pressie, probs a late one.

• How about a Happy New Year Baby. Also be a great way to start the new year and Christmas tree would be safe. Ha! Ha!

Rita Jean

• :D:D:D Quite true about the Christmas tree Rita Jean. Our lives are so easy at the moment with just our big old dog Max and the cats, we can leave pens, glasses phones lying around, what bliss. Oh and we can go through the gate at our leisure.
    When i'm telling people we are getting a Basenji and describe what they are like i can see that their thinking why? πŸ˜ƒ

• That's ok who wants life to be easy and nothing ever happening?????? Yes we now have three gates and tons more fun and laughing. Out ten year old shiba has even got up and is now playing more and running around like she is a pup she don't run as long but that is a good thing for us.
    The phones and cell phones we have to really really watch or they are gone. The tv remote was gone once but Jaycee got a treat for that beacuse my husband watch's to much tv anyway and this away it was a whole lot harded but we found it the next day.
    We have learned whats Jaycee's is Jaycee's whats ours is Jaycee's and anything else is Jaycee's.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics