• Houston

Ok, so I just weighed Otis and he weighs 21.1 lbs and he will be 5 months on 05/05. I did talk to my " breeder" and he said that in the litter Otis was in, all 4 boys ( all boys litter) were consistantly almost 2 lbs larger once they were weaned off of mom. They were given Royal Canine and we kept that up for a week once we got him, now he is on BARF. He was chunky at 18.9 lbs at 4 month check up, but has since then leaned out and he is looking good, IMO. The breeder doesn't know why this litter got bigger than his others, but thinks it might be because it was smaller (only 4) and all boys. Either way I think my vet is way off, lets hope so.

Rit Jean, he was supposed to have started on monday, but due to the holiday it got bumped up for a week, so we start next monday, and I am excited…come on training..

As far as Buddy being huge, I only meant that in lbs for 7 months, but in the pics he looks amazing. I now know what to expect as far as when Otis will be done growing.

Tanza, thanks for that info, that helps figuring out when why what..lol

• Some B's get all their height by 6 months, my Mickii's litter brother (also was named Buddy) was huge at 5 months… everyone thought he was going to be over 20" tall...ggg but then he just stopped growing... and was maybe just a bit over the standard....

• I think Buddy is around 18 in.

• @nobarkus:

I think Buddy is around 18 in.

That is the same as my OJ was and he topped out at 26 to 28lbs… 26lbs and he looked lean, 28lbs and he was in good show weight, 29lbs and he was in better show weight...

• Medfly is a wonderful rescue! I am delighted to see your place, in the photos and want to welcome you to the forum.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Medfly is a wonderful rescue! I am delighted to see your place, in the photos and want to welcome you to the forum.

That place is Karen and Chuck's home with the kennels on the same property.

• But they are Medfly rescue yes?

• @sharronhurlbut:

But they are Medfly rescue yes?

Yes, but they (MedFly) are not on the Forum

• @sharronhurlbut:

But they are Medfly rescue yes?

Yes, Karen and Chuck run Medfly.

• He's gorgeous! I don't have one, but tris are my favorite!

• What a handsome pair you two are! He really is a nice looking tri. Wow, what a set up Karen has, that is just amazing. Big congratulations on your new Buddy!

Anne in Tampa

• Congrats on your new arrival! Buddy looks so sweet. 😉 I especially love his full face mask. It makes him unique (I think) because he doesn't have the white stripe running thru to the top of his head. You two look so happy together.

How wonderful to have people in the world like Karen and Chuck of Medfly. I'll look them up and send a donation.

• They could really use donations as the vet bills are really high with the issues they have to deal with. The food bill for that many dogs is enormous too. All donations are tax deductible.

• How do I know were to send donations. Could someone please tell me and thank you.

Rita Jean

• @Rita:

How do I know were to send donations. Could someone please tell me and thank you.

Rita Jean

Their website is www.basenjirescue.com

Suggested Topics