Kat, the new girl again, photo's of Eesha

• These are a couple of photo's of our little Eesha at home
    attachment_t_6043_0_n672841899_2891592_8233804.jpg
    attachment_t_6043_1_eesha-running.jpg
    attachment_t_6043_2_eesha-toy.jpg

• Very cute and very interesting neck marking. Who did you get her from, if you don't mind sharing?

• Very cute! 🙂

• Very cute…Welcome to the forum!

• Hello and welcome:D Who did Eesha come from? Her markings are unusual.

• :)Hello Tanza, Janneke, Renaultf1 and Basi,

Thanks for your welcomes and comments about Eesha. Having never owned a Basenji before or known anyone that has, I didn't realise she had unusual neck markings.
    We got her from a breeder in the East of England about 2 hours from where we live, when we got there, there were three puppies left (i would've had all three if my fiance wasn't there!!) But Eesha was so mischievious from the first time we visited her thatI knew she'd be joining our family.

The breeder showed us the mum and told us the dad would be there the next time we came to visit, he wasn't and we asked to see him, then the breeder told us he was in the garden, but we could only look at him through the window?!?! The breeder seemed very nice and helpful the first time, but this time he was acting so stragley. Also the conditions the puppies were being kept in weren't very nice, I really did want to take all three puppies away from him.

We had fallen in love with Eesha, so took her home, so she is not a pedigree.

Do you think she is full Basenji or does it look to any of you that there's something else in with her?
    She's a wonderful puppy and so loving, I wouldn't swap her for the world!! I just wish men like her breeder weren't allowed to breed dogs if they can't look after them, it makes me so cross.

I have read some stories online about various diseases Basenji's are prone to, is this something I should be taking precautions about or getting Eesha checked out for?

She has obviously had both of her injections now and been microchipped, but we have been to two different local vets in the East of England and neither seem to have very good knowledge of Basenji's.

I did a lot of research on Basenji's before we got Eesha, but I am hoping you will all be able to give me some advice as I see from your profiles, a lot of you are very experienced in Basenjis.

Ok I will stop rambling on now, before you all fall asleep!!

I've added a few more pics too,

Thanks again, 🙂
    attachment_p_72259_0_eesh.jpg
    attachment_p_72259_1_eesha.jpg
    attachment_p_72259_2_n672841899_2806774_6197655.jpg
    attachment_p_72259_3_n672841899_2806775_6030185.jpg
    attachment_p_72259_4_n672841899_2891432_7429026.jpg
    attachment_p_72259_5_n672841899_2891437_6041667.jpg
    attachment_p_72259_6_n672841899_2891502_8168635.jpg
    attachment_p_72259_7_n672841899_2891592_8233804.jpg

• Pretty girl!

• Do you know if her sire and dam have been DNA tested for Fanconi? This is something that you really want to do…. it is a simple cheek swab, you can learn about it at www.basenjihealth.org

You can also search the forum for infomation about Fanconi and testing. She looks like a purebred Basenji to me…

• She is beautiful and that little face is so sweet. She looks real to me an looks like she has a real home your great person. Good Luck.

Rita Jean

• As a PP asked… who did you get her from?
    Do you have the parents [sire and dam] names and their health-test results?

What didn't you like about the place the pups were kept in?

Yes, she looks all basenji to me.

• She is soooooo cute!! I can see why you fell in love! Congrats!

• Hi Katty23, welcome to the forum.

Scott.

• Hi,

She looks full Basenji to me. The breeder does sound like he had something to hide. Can you remember the breeders name?

• Houston

Katty23, a big welcome to the forum, you will love it here. It is a wealth of knowleadge and friendship at your fingertips. Your little girl is beautiful, congrats on the new "motherhood".

Basenjimamma

• @tanza:

Do you know if her sire and dam have been DNA tested for Fanconi? This is something that you really want to do…. it is a simple cheek swab, you can learn about it at www.basenjihealth.org

You can also search the forum for infomation about Fanconi and testing. She looks like a purebred Basenji to me…

Hi Tanza,

Thanks for your reply, I do not know if Eesha's sire and dam have been DNA tested as I have since tried to call the breeder for other reasons and have got no reply on various occasions. Do you suggest I should go and visit him to see if they've been tested if I can't get him on the phone?
    I had a look on the web site you suggested above, I am going to order a test from the OFA website tonight, I want to put my mind at ease.

Thanks again for your help, hopefully talk to you soon 🙂

• Hi Katty23 - you should visit the basenji pedigree site - www.zandebasenjis.com - if you know the registered name of sire and dam of your pups you should be able to find out if they have been tested for Fanconi, as the website is updated frequently with this information. Maybe others on here would be able to assist if we knew the names of the parents.

Hope your enjoying life with a basenji!

Scott

• Very nice Basenji… she's really cute!!

• @khanis:

As a PP asked… who did you get her from?
    Do you have the parents [sire and dam] names and their health-test results?

What didn't you like about the place the pups were kept in?

Yes, she looks all basenji to me.

Hi Khanis,

I got her from a breeder here in the east of england, I do not have the sire and dam's names/test results as the breeder wasn't too forthcoming with much info and have tried to get in touch since and no joy.

The reason I didn't like the place the pups were kept is that the crate they were kept in really honestly was only big enough for two tiny puppies sat side by side, yet they had all been in there.

It was covered in excrement as were the puppies (i know they are puppies but it wouldn't take 2 mins to change the paper and clean them down)
    It was literally dried onto them, was horrid.

Also the breeder had around 15ish other various dogs and they were kept in a tiny confined space in his back yard, it just had a really bad feel about the place, if you know what I mean?

I know you are supposed to shop around and find a suitable breeder, but I couldn't leave little Eesha there, I had to take her home.

I'm going to get a DNA swab test from the OFA website as Tanza suggested.

Hope to talk to you soon, thanks for reply 🙂

• @Rita:

She is beautiful and that little face is so sweet. She looks real to me an looks like she has a real home your great person. Good Luck.

Rita Jean

Hello Rita Jean,

Thanks for your message, it made me smile 🙂 she really is one of the family and she gets more attention than either of us!! Thanks again, hopefully talk soon 🙂

• @jonny:

She is soooooo cute!! I can see why you fell in love! Congrats!

Hi Jonny b,

Thanks for the message and congrats, she is too cute, gets away with murder, hehe!! Hopefully talk more to you soon, 🙂

Suggested Topics