Skip to content

New basenji girl

Member Introductions

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    6k Views
    C
    Hi @2baroos , the vet has checked for a UTI and she is healthy. I have tried thunder jackets with her and she tears it off with assistance from her companion. I'm afraid she will certainly remove anything we put on her, especially diapers. We're trying to discourage her from peeing in the crate at all. She used to sleep in a cardboard box that she loved and started to completely destroy it once the anxiety started, now she shreds her bedding and pees on it. I know how this must be really upsetting to her and am trying my best to take care of her.
  • Do you think my new girl is a Basenji mix??

    Member Introductions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • New member, new basenji owner as of yesterday!

    Member Introductions
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    16k Views
    lvossL
    Most people incorrectly use the terms dominant and dominance with regard to dogs. Here is a good blog post by Dr. Sophia Yin on the topic. http://drsophiayin.com/blog/entry/dominance_in_dogs_is_not_a_personality_trait
  • Our new girl Dexi

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    B
    Thanks for your advice!
  • New Basenji Lover!

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    S
    Thanks again for all of your advice. It is nice to know that I am not the only one who is dealing with such a strong willed animal. He is currently laying on the floor chewing on a nylabone as is my golden "Levi". I can't say it often enough "I LOVE NYLABONES!" Well, now he is in my lap chewing his nylabone because Levi thinks that if Taz is chewing on it, it has to be better than the one he has. LOL
  • New member wanting to meet new basenji people

    Member Introductions
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    RivermoonR
    HI…welcome! I also have a Rocket Socks kid!!!